Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Sep 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We had a late offer of a sleepover for master Bozza last week so we took advtantage of popping into town for dinner. Drove in and cabbed back, because drinking and driving isn't cool, kids.

The next morning I ran the four miles back into town to collect the car before it got ticketed. Mrs B was still in bed when I left home, so I thought I'd impress her with my hunter-gatherer skills and bring back breakfast from McDonalds.

I ordered via the big touchscreen thing and then went to wait for my order. Whilst standing there for about 5-6 minutes I witnessed a customer relentlessly abuse both the staff and then what I assume was the manager. It was horrible to witness. When he wasn't getting much of a reaction, he became extra-nasty, talking down at them for working in McDonalds.

Worse still, this seemed to embolden a few waiting delivery drivers who also got stuck in, verbally at least.

I assumed this sort of incident would be quite rare, but from what you've said, this is not the case which is very sad to read.

It’s awful to hear .

Regardless of what one thinks of Mac Donald’s and the like, politeness is key .

I hate to hear nouveau riche talk down to serving staff I’m a restaurant the same as those voicing abuse wanting a quick fast food meal deal . I am afraid I don’t hold my tongue in voicing my distain. Manners maketh a man at all times
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I respond more to those with manners. Working in this field it makes my day.
Good manners is one of the few things in life with no cost but appreciation to those who are on the receiving end has a big impact.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I respond more to those with manners. Working in this field it makes my day.
Good manners is one of the few things in life with no cost but appreciation to those who are on the receiving end has a big impact.
Exactly
I think a lot of people think the opposite and that the more they kick off the more they’ll get

Working in customer facing roles, the nice customers always got way more from me and were more likely to get discounts or extras
Old 5 Sep 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yeah ours is near a very busy roundabout and the queues can get quite dangerous
I kept complaining about the queue so now when busy they make the customers queue in the car park and snake it round.

Is it slower because its busier or because of a larger menu
Old 5 Sep 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I'm finding these stories of hurling abuse at staff disgraceful, what have we become as a society that thinks it's acceptable, the drive through staff at our McDonald's are really polite and always wish you a good day, I cannot imagine how people can be so rude to them, is it just a Mcdonalds thing because it's usually youngsters serving? A dreadful example to set at the same time showing how people should not behave, feel sorry for the staff with that sort of behaviour hurled at them.
No it’s not just a McDonald’s thing.
I work in retail and had a woman screeching at me yesterday because I couldn’t sell her 3 packets of painkillers,
I just ignored her and let her carry on making a show of herself people like that don’t bother me now and their attitude says more about them than it does about me.
Old 5 Sep 21, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
No it’s not just a McDonald’s thing.
I work in retail and had a woman screeching at me yesterday because I couldn’t sell her 3 packets of painkillers,
I just ignored her and let her carry on making a show of herself people like that don’t bother me now and their attitude says more about them than it does about me.
It definitely says more about them than you ! I do worry that these days you just don’t know who people are and what they might do.
It is a worry in McDonald’s with the staff being so young and inexperienced that my daughter at 16 especially just wouldn’t know how to handle it.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
It definitely says more about them than you ! I do worry that these days you just don’t know who people are and what they might do.
It is a worry in McDonald’s with the staff being so young and inexperienced that my daughter at 16 especially just wouldn’t know how to handle it.
I can understand your concerns I would be the same.
I think the reason some people are so obnoxious is because they are dealing with young kids in a lot of these places and have the I’m the customer and I’m always right attitude they also know that management mostly take the customers side.
This attitude of I’m better than you (no you’re not) because you work in McDonald’s/service industry or retail stinks.
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It’s awful to hear .

Regardless of what one thinks of Mac Donald’s and the like, politeness is key .

I hate to hear nouveau riche talk down to serving staff I’m a restaurant the same as those voicing abuse wanting a quick fast food meal deal . I am afraid I don’t hold my tongue in voicing my distain. Manners maketh a man at all times
My daughter worked part time at Mcds for just over a year. Customers drove her to tears quite a few times - couldn’t believe some of the stories she told me.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
My daughter worked part time at Mcds for just over a year. Customers drove her to tears quite a few times - couldn’t believe some of the stories she told me.
I am genuinely so sorry to hear that. Some people seem to excel at being down right rude - no need for it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Ds used to work in McDonalds and now works in Starbucks. He says the way people speak to him now is like night and day far less abuse.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List