Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Sep 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

November '21 - ready to give up yet?

I was on the positivity thread for Nov and was so confident that the US would open up but now I'm pretty much convinced that Biden has zero intention of opening the border. I've got 2 trips booked - one in Nov 21 and the second in Mar 22 and I'm not even convinced the March one will go ahead. I just can't see what the justification is - US has higher rates of Coronavirus and lower vaccination rates than most of Europe but still the keep the border shut. Anyone else ready to call a close on 2021 US travel?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We're December and March and I'm about to throw the towel in on the December one😥 We're due to go on March 1st which is about 7 weeks after we were due home from our Christmas trip and I'm losing hope for that one too,gutted at the thought as we were going to see André Rieu at the Amway 🙄
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
daztomlo
Proud to wear my Ears

We are due to go end of May 22, and to be honest I dont think that will happen either. It is hard to be positive about any planned trip isnt it.
daztomlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I’ve thrown the towel in on December as even if they open up I wouldn’t be able to relax with all the Covid extras.
I have an August 22 booked, and I’m waiting to transfer my flight dates over once they’re released soon. But can’t even get excited about that.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Not sure. I know it probably will get cancelled but keen to go if things change. Maybe by then things will be a little better in USA? Certainly wouldn't travel right now with hospitals at breaking point
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We are meant to be going right at the end of October into November and we have given up hope. Just waiting for BA to cancel our flights. We will go as soon as we are allowed in, but for the first time since the beginning of 2020 we won’t be booking our next flight in. This makes me sad as I love to have it booked to look forward to but after 8 cancelled trips I’ve had enough now 😢
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I’m November too, but you have to keep the faith.

I’ve been told by someone who is friends with one of the UK committee members working on reopening the corridor that I’ll definitely be going on my holiday on the 15th. We also heard murmurings yesterday in Politico, a very reliable source on government matters that Shapps is close to agreeing a deal and will be announced “in the coming weeks”.

I’m taking both at face value but there’s no smoke without fire.

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

my balance isn't due until 12th October but we have given up and moved the deposit into credit account with the TA to rebook for Nov 2022

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Due to be heading for US two weeks today, but finally cancelled last Thursday. Next trip due in March, so can only wait to see how things develop over the Winter.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post
I’m November too, but you have to keep the faith.

I’ve been told by someone who is friends with one of the UK committee members working on reopening the corridor that I’ll definitely be going on my holiday on the 15th. We also heard murmurings yesterday in Politico, a very reliable source on government matters that Shapps is close to agreeing a deal and will be announced “in the coming weeks”.
I saw your comment on this on the positivity thread (at least I think that was the thread) and got a tiny boost of hope but do you really think that Shapps is going to get a deal - or is he just thinking he will get a deal. Honestly I think this government is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List