Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Sep 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with Nev that the afternoon sandwich on Virgin isn’t good at all but we enjoy the scone and cream too 😀

I also agree that a pudding is a type of dessert, not a different word for dessert but maybe the dessert was a pudding 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Pudding was a synonym for dessert in my house growing up!

Edited at 03:10 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Just caught up, it’s a shame nev couldn’t get you some Epsom salts from the airport for your feet .
It’s often socks or sweating feet that cause the blisters , hope you get sorted soon.
Great food so far
Getting there but I think we will just do a half day today.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I agree with Nev that the afternoon sandwich on Virgin isn’t good at all but we enjoy the scone and cream too 😀

I also agree that a pudding is a type of dessert, not a different word for dessert but maybe the dessert was a pudding 😂
I think a Gu pot is a pudding whether part of the wider dessert family or not.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Pudding is a synonym for dessert in my house growing up!
Me too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 3: Morimoto Asia dinner

Nev arrived at the room just after 5pm after having to wheel his bag from bell services as they wouldn’t transport him as they did me and my bag! Within thirty minutes we were on our way to Disney Springs to look for new shoes and get something to eat. We decided to eat first as it was still quite hot outside. I suggested Morimoto Asia as it is one of the few places Nev has ever expressed a specific interest in and he jumped at the chance.

Our preferred way of eating at pan Asian places is to get a number of small plates to share, between us we chose; crispy popcorn shrimp tempura, pork dumplings, chicken bao steamed buns and a bowl of duck ramen. For the latter I said we wanted to share and asked for two spoons, accordingly we were brought these with an additional small bowl for one of us. To drink we ordered a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which was a Crosslands 2018.

The wine was the first thing to arrive, we had a couple of sips, Nev liked it a little more than me as I found it slightly acidic. We had been told that the food is prepared in six different kitchens and could come out in any order. We are quite happy with that, we think that is fine for this type of dining. In the event the three small plates all came out more or less the same time and the ramen a little later.

We tucked into the popcorn shrimp first, divine, I could have eaten the whole plate. The topping was sticky, crunchy and spicy, the wine took on a whole new flavour once we tried it with these, it paired delightfully.

The pork dumplings look a little plain, I usually like them with one sided seared whereas these did not have that. The filling more than made up for it though, also delicious. I have somehow made it through life without trying an Asian steamed bun before but I have read that there is an art to getting the dough right. Although I have nothing to compare to, I think a Morimoto have cracked that art.

Finally the ramen, full of crispy duck and noodles and a strong duck flavoured broth. I believe there was a half boiled egg in there too but I didn’t get to taste that...

Overall a smash hit. I just checked with Nev if that is a fair summing up statement and he said it was one of his best ever meals at Disney.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

That popcorn shrimp looks amazing. Excellent meal by the sound of it.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
That popcorn shrimp looks amazing. Excellent meal by the sound of it.
For me, the popcorn shrimp edged it as the dish of the day.
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

The shrimp looks lovely. Sounds like a great meal. I bet it'd nice to have Nev there to share with now too. I hope you also managed to get some new footwear xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Popcorn shrimp looked fab as did the bao buns!

Glad to hear Nev had a safe flight and hope your feet are feeling better
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Morimoto looks fab!

I actually had an ADR there but I cancelled it as we had too many Disney Springs restaurants booked and not enough park time, I definitely have food envy now.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

It didn’t take Nev long to get there from the airport. Glad you enjoyed your first meal together x
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List