Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Nov 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Highlands Reserve - Virgin

I booked a 3 bedroom villa at Highlands Reserve through Virgin. Unfortunately I now have some concerns.
Firstly, Virgin have not told me what the bed configuration is within the villa. I phoned them and they told that basically they haven't got a clue. I want a villa with two double/king/queen beds and one twin. What I don't want is one double/king/queen and two twins! Virgin are not prepared to help me and don't even know which villa I will be allocated until the day I arrive! Is this normal practice?
I'm also concerned about road noise as I've seen that some villas are very close to the highway, especially along Oxford Drive, Cork Way, Nottingham Way and Brighton Drive. What are peoples' experiences of noise?
Finally, I've noticed that there is a dodgy trailer park nearby called Florida Camp Inn, with criminals, addicts and alcoholics living there. Has anyone had any trouble from these people?

Thank you for your advice.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Unfortunately this is the issue with booking AOA essentially (I note you have a community specified).

IMO, you will likely be "upgraded" to a 4 bed as 3 beds are less common. The majority of 4 beds will be 2 doubles and 2 twins.

For the noise aspect, tbh I don't think this will be an issue. Villas are normally set back from the road, with the trees at the back etc.

As for the Camp? I'm sure many people have stayed at HR and had no issues with this. I'm sure a quick search on here would show that. HR is a mix of STR and residential, if it was that bad, owners wouldn't be living or renting out there.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Unfortunately it's too late for me to cancel as it's booked as part of a Virgin package. We wanted a Virgin rep as we are newbies and not familiar with the whole Orlando process etc. Fingers crossed that we'll end up with a 4 bed.
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
I booked a 3 bedroom villa at Highlands Reserve through Virgin. Unfortunately I now have some concerns.
Firstly, Virgin have not told me what the bed configuration is within the villa. I phoned them and they told that basically they haven't got a clue. I want a villa with two double/king/queen beds and one twin. What I don't want is one double/king/queen and two twins! Virgin are not prepared to help me and don't even know which villa I will be allocated until the day I arrive! Is this normal practice?
I'm also concerned about road noise as I've seen that some villas are very close to the highway, especially along Oxford Drive, Cork Way, Nottingham Way and Brighton Drive. What are peoples' experiences of noise?
Finally, I've noticed that there is a dodgy trailer park nearby called Florida Camp Inn, with criminals, addicts and alcoholics living there. Has anyone had any trouble from these people?

Thank you for your advice.
There is a wall between H27 and Highlands Reserve community to abate noise.

Can I ask where you’ve got the information on Florida Camp Inn?
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed up the southern end of Highland Reserve and haven't had any noise issues.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
There is a wall between H27 and Highlands Reserve community to abate noise.

Can I ask where you’ve got the information on Florida Camp Inn?
You can google it. It used to be a holiday caravan site but is now just a trailer park. The camp is shown on Google maps as being just next to Highlands Reserve.
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Having done AOA villa's in the past I would be reluctant to repeat this going forward- At least you have a community allocated. I'm sure it will all turn out well but if the rooms are 1 double 2 twins I don't think there is much they will do.
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I'm sure it will all turn out well but if the rooms are 1 double 2 twins I don't think there is much they will do.
Agree with this.

If you aren't happy on arrival they will probably just say "well you should have booked a 4 bed".

Good luck!
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked virgin allocation on arrival last year. Got given highlands reserve on Prestwick drive. Was supposed to be a 4 bed but they gave us a five bed.

It was lovely. Could not fault it and would stay at that villa again in a heartbeat.

Highlands reserve for 2020 was a lot more expensive so we have taken allocation on arrival again. I hope we get as good as we got last time.

We got three doubles and two twins
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed at highlands reserve 5 times never had any issues with noise from traffic or the trailer site , my opinion best villa community we have stayed at , immaculately clean and quiet neighbourhood 👍🏻
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List