Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

July/August 2021... thoughts please...

Hi everyone...

I think I am going slightly insane here but would dearly love to get a trip booked for July/August next year...

We usually do DIY but would also look at a fly drive. We already have a deposit down on a villa (transferred from this year).

I note that both VA and Virgin Holidays seem to be offering flexibility in postponing trips should the need arise.

I am fully aware of the virus situation and not really knowing when we will come out the other side to the degree that we are happy to travel, equally we would love to have something booked to work towards.

We need to fly from Manchester which limits our choice...

Will Virgin still be around next summer?

The two things spurring me on to make a booking are, the need to have something to look forward to (I guess we are all in the same boat!) and I do realise that I can look forward to hopefully going even without a firm booking but also the fear that when the 'ban' on flying directly into MCO is lifted that prices will jump up? Or is it the case that demand will be low so this will not happen?

There is not much difference in price between DIY and a Fly drive. Fly drive, in school holiday dates, direct flights MAN to MCO, PE seats with small SUV works out at £3439 (having used some miles towards the cost)... the bonus being I only need to pay a £63 deposit plus miles to secure the booking.

Sorry for the rambling, I realise that no one can answer my question, just looking for feedback really and what everyone else is doing about 2021.

Should also add that we would not be doing the parks but would hope to eat out, shop and relax by the pool

Thanks in advance.

Ali x

Edited at 11:29 AM.
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
slightly serious Dibber

Looking to go next August but we are waiting to see how things look at the start of next year (vaccine / school dates etc) before booking anything

I would hope flight prices will not go up too much (nobody can say for sure) as even if things start getting back to normal, there will not be as many people going on holiday due to the decimation of the economies around the world Then again there might not be as many airlines

Good luck!
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Very Serious Dibber

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
booked for august 1st to the 28th, having 5 trips cancelled this year and no doubt florida in feb will get cancelled, need something t look forward to.

Though if the parks rule stay the same we will give them a miss. I am not gambling £500 on disney tickets and only be able to get in 4/5 days.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 2009, Homewood Suites 2010 Disneyland Anaheim 2011 Queen Mary. Coco Key I drive 2012. AKL Arusha view, Ramada Maingate Kissimee, Disneys all Star Music, Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 2014/16/18/19 Serlago suites Continental plaza,stays at the Wakuhula Suites, International Palms, Hilton Cocoa Beach. 2018 Disney Dolphin
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Difficult to look forward to something you donít know will happen. I would just pay money into an account and see how things pan out.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Weíve booked a package for next August. We figured it gives us something to look forward to and, if Virgin donít make it that far, itís ATOL protected so we wonít lose our money, even if it takes a little while to get it back.
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Thanks all.

I appreciate your input

I guess the truth is, if I was convinced it was a great deal I would have booked it by now...

So I'm off to give it some more thought...

At least it keeps me occupied

Thanks again.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Thanks all.

I appreciate your input

I guess the truth is, if I was convinced it was a great deal I would have booked it by now...

So I'm off to give it some more thought...

At least it keeps me occupied

Thanks again.

Ali x
Sounds like you're in same boat as me?! 🙃
I must have priced up our trip about 4 times now but still not booked anything 🙈
Everything is just so uncertain. We're waiting on GCSE exact dates too which added another issue to our dilemma of when & if to book 🤔
Ideally we want to go 5th July for 3 weeks 😎
We do have a Villa on hold (friends)
And I flit between a flight only, a Virgin Fly drive & a BA flight plus car package!

It definitely gives me something to do when I'm bored 😂
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rylisal View Post
Sounds like you're in same boat as me?! 🙃
I must have priced up our trip about 4 times now but still not booked anything 🙈
Everything is just so uncertain. We're waiting on GCSE exact dates too which added another issue to our dilemma of when & if to book 🤔
Ideally we want to go 5th July for 3 weeks 😎
We do have a Villa on hold (friends)
And I flit between a flight only, a Virgin Fly drive & a BA flight plus car package!

It definitely gives me something to do when I'm bored 😂
Only four times?

We can't do BA unfortunately as we want to fly direct from MAN. I keep checking prices most days...

We keep saying surely we will be able and wanting to fly by next July but in reality, who knows?!

I think if one of the prices I am looking at just dropped by a couple of hundred I would take that as a 'sign' and press the button

Good luck!

Ali x
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

I would not have booked but never seen flights at £300 direct in August before. Felt I had to book em. They were calling out to me. Now just hope for some improvement after Xmas.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We booked for early Sept and for the 1st time in about 20 years booked a package so we could just pay the deposit. DS is doing A levels this year so really want a family holiday before he disappears. Now we wait and see😬

WDW 1991, 1993, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2017
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List