Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Apr 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Anyone used the new manchester terminal west car park?

We have booked our car at terminal 2 west car park. would like to know if anyone has used it and was it easy to find? With all the contruction and road works i have visions of the usual.. youve just missed the turning again !
Thanks
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pastylad
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve booked this for our trip in August, it says 10 minute walk so will be interesting to hear what it’s like
Old 28 Apr 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Used it to pick my wife up from T2 a couple of weekends ago. You follow usual signs for T2 Arrivals/Departures and the entrance to East is in the same place and there was a sign saying pre-bookings only so I was unable to park in there as I would normally. I then followed the road over a little roundabout and West is on the left. You have to follow the road around it as the entrance is on the other side nearer the terminal. Once inside if you head towards the end nearer East you will have a little less walking as the lifts and exit are at that end.

With a couple of minutes extra drive and around an 8 minute walk I reckon it adds around 10 minutes onto your trip.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Not been to Manchester airport for years, then used it last week for a cheeky Easter week in the Canaries and the roads are a mess with signs conflicting with the satnav.

Got there in the end (we were in multi-east), but still frustrating.

Car-park itself was great, had a nice wide space, with 1 car on one-side and nothing on the other
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lil mousketeer
VIP Dibber

Has anyone else used this car park as yet? I have booked it for our trip in August.
And have come across a few negative reviews online, what are dibbers opinions after using it?

Disney POFQ/Universal HRH Aug/Sept 2012
Disney AKL/Universal RPR Aug/Sept 2014
Orlando/St Petes Beach Aug/Sept 2015
Universal-HHN Cabana Bay Sept/Oct 2016
West Stonebridge (Dibb Villa) Aug/Sept 2017
lil mousketeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

yeah my parents picked us up a couple of weeks ago and instead of parking across the road from arrivals they were told they had to park in the west car park. They really didn't like it.

It's a good 10min (or more) walk depending on how fast you walk and how much luggage you're carrying. Given my parents are elderly it was a real stretch for them and it was a real pain for us with all our luggage.

In terms of easy to find, they said that every time they went anywhere there was someone shouting at them to keep going forward so in a sense yeah, there sounds like there was plenty of direction.

Still, given how far out it is and how much less convenient, they have a cheek to keep charging for it for pickups IMHO
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Yes we used it for twilight check in a couple of weeks ago .It was a pain to find(and my DH used to work at the airport !) and seeing as it is a 10 minute walk to the terminal ,i think they have a cheek charging £4 for 30 minutes parking .We just made it in that time because there was no one in front of us at check in .
Old 30 May 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

Used it last week when I flew to Portugal, it's easy to navigate to despite all the building work and it had plenty of spaces.
We booked there but actually ended up flying out of T3 at the opposite end of the airport, even dragging golf clubs it wasn't too bad due to all the travelators.
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We used it last week, we did get lost after taking a wrong turning which made things a bit stressful but the actually parking was really good, 5 min walk to the terminal & lots of spaces.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List