Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
BA Refund Issues

Morning all!

I haven't seen many people not getting their refunds from BA but I'm getting very frustrated with them and just wanted to rant and get it all off my chest! I am currently on day 24 of waiting for my BA refund, I know this is nothing compared to the Virgin wait time but considering most are getting their BA refund within a week its really frustrated me.

My flight was cancelled on August 10th for September 17th. I wasn't able to get through on the phone to BA so went via their online chat to get my refund going. I spoke to a staff member on there who issued and processed a refund for my seats and avios and then did a separate refund for my upgrade and the flight, I thought brilliant that was painless! The next day the refund for the seats went into my account and I was told 5 working days and the flight and upgrade would be in my account.

5 working days went by and nothing had reached my account so I thought I would give it a bit more time but still nothing went in. I contacted them on August 19th and was told my refund wasn't actually processed on August 10th and was only processed on August 18th and within 5 working days it would be in my account. Again 5 working days went by and nothing so again I gave it a couple more days and still nothing had gone in.

I contacted BA once again on August 27th and got through to the original staff member who dealt with me on August 10th. She checked her end and it said it had reached my account (which it hadn't). She then put me on hold while she checked her end of the system. Turns out my refund had failed on August 18th and no one contacted me to inform me of this!

I chased this up again yesterday as my refund has been sent to their finance team to deal with (who I am not allowed to contact and they aren't allowed to contact me so I have to chase them for updates ) and it should be in "very shortly", well 4 working days later and its still sitting in a queue

Thinking off putting in a complaint now, not just because of not getting my money back but the fact that my refund had failed over 2 weeks ago and not a single member of BA thought to contact me and let me know! Anyone would think they were trying to hold onto that money without me realising!

Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me?

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Just posted something very similar so I feel your pain and am secretly glad it’s not just me! 😆
I’ve been waiting a calendar month now 😕
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
Just posted something very similar so I feel your pain and am secretly glad it’s not just me! 😆
I’ve been waiting a calendar month now 😕
I've just submitted a complaint so hoping that might help get things moving, its very frustrating though! I understand they're running a reduced capacity staff wise but if they'd informed me that my refund had failed I could've got things going again, instead it sat there for a week without me knowing!

I chased my bank about it and they said after a refund has been processed by the original party then they'd get it into my account within 2-3 working days and as that wasn't happening I chased BA. They tried to blame it on my bank before I told them I had already asked them about it, thats when they fessed up and said it had failed on their end

Edited at 10:12 AM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

OH this is me too!
I thought I was the only one.
Who and how do I complain, I sat on the phone last week in a queue for 2 hours and then gave up. Two hours of my life I will never get back.

This is the only time I have felt let down by BA
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Have you tried live chat Disney Nanny and OP?
Another Dibber shared this and if you follow this link you should see the chat option in the bottom right. They've been brilliant for me and they answer immediately so I've avoided the dreaded call centre.

britishairways/en-gb...st-information
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Another Dibber shared this and if you follow this link you should see the chat option in the bottom right. They've been brilliant for me and they answer immediately so I've avoided the dreaded call centre.

Thank you, have literally just chatted to them.
Refund is in the 'queue' and was told 28 days.
So i asked 28 from today or from when BA cancelled.
It is from when they cancelled which was August 11th.
So that makes it any day next week!
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Thank you, have literally just chatted to them.
Refund is in the 'queue' and was told 28 days.
So i asked 28 from today or from when BA cancelled.
It is from when they cancelled which was August 11th.
So that makes it any day next week!
Great, glad you got it sorted and it's on the way
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post

I’ve done the live chat each time and they just keep telling me it’s in the queue and refuse to give me a time frame on it 😭😭

Old 3 Sep 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Had the deposit refunded within three days, but still waiting for the seats to be refunded (over a month now).

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Xolile
Trying for More Ears

I’m another one waiting since July 29th. I have chased it up on Twitter, live chat and even called them yesterday but keep getting told that it’s been sent to their finance department and they’ve expedited my case bla bla bla still no refund.

I think that if your booking is complicated in the slightest manner then they are not able to refund you automatically and it has to be done manually and therein lies the problem. My bookng was a through fare ticket from Lerwick -Edinburgh - London - Orlando flying Logan air on the first leg and BA for the rest of the journey. I also got money off my booking with Avios and that part of the refund has been processed but not the cash. Yesterday, the gentleman I spoke to apologised profusely and promised to escalate the refund (again 😀&#128512 and to expect it within the next 7 to 14 days. Fingers crossed.