Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

VA Open ticket have you used yours?

Don’t they need booking by the end of the year? I will need to look at my notes what they said but has everyone used theirs yet as I don’t think I will be booking by Dec...
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t used mine, I think you can book next year for up to sept 2022.

Nervous to book yet unless they’re offering some sort of flexibility. Don’t want to be stuck with flights we don’t want to use if the situation in Orlando isn’t good.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I used mine this week, I don’t think it had a ‘book by’ date, just fly before end of Sept 2022.
I used the text message service to get it all booked and it was incredibly easy.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I was told last week by virgin on messages that when checking that it’s booking by end of next year for travel by end 2022
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Are virgin offering any flexibility with new bookings now, like free changes as we don’t know what the situation will be next year.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Are virgin offering any flexibility with new bookings now, like free changes as we don’t know what the situation will be next year.
Yes they are. The policy is on their website and seems quite straight forward, rebook to travel before end of August 2021 and you can rearrange at no cost. If the new flight is more they will pay £60 towards it in economy or £120 premium then you pay the rest. If new flight is less you get a refund. You can change names and route too I think but maybe only once I can’t remember. If you don’t know the date you want you can get open dated ticket.

I’m hoping we’ll be ok to go in August but who knows.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Yes they are. The policy is on their website and seems quite straight forward, rebook to travel before end of August 2021 and you can rearrange at no cost. If the new flight is more they will pay £60 towards it in economy or £120 premium then you pay the rest. If new flight is less you get a refund. You can change names and route too I think but maybe only once I can’t remember. If you don’t know the date you want you can get open dated ticket.

Can I ask where on the website? I’m struggling to find it. I’ve not seen anything about them paying towards a new flight if it’s more expensive.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve used mine, one thing to bare in mind when you do use them is to phone to book not use the online form / text service. The price had gone up (and seats I wanted gone) between finding the flights at lunchtime and phoning to book at 5pm. We did text at lunch to get a response saying they would call back within a few days.

I didn’t get any offer of contribution towards the 1k additional cost (or for that matter the increase in price in the time between looking and booking)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post

That sounds good, I couldn’t see that on their website. I wonder where we would stand with that as we want to fly out in August but return in September. I might give them a call tomorrow.
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Can I ask where on the website? I’m struggling to find it. I’ve not seen anything about them paying towards a new flight if it’s more expensive.
Here you go :-

flywith.virginatlantic/g...es-policy.html
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List