Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Nov 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Video

Part of me thinks it shouldn't be given any news time.

Another thinks people will be glad to know he's dead.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The sheer terror he brought to Headingley was unimaginable - the spot where his last victim was left is around the corner from what is now Sainsbury's about 800m from the Village Hotel, Leeds. In the past there was an off licence/Wilko's where my SIL worked at the time - those who lived in the area were scared witless. I still use that car park on the roof and never forgot what happened nearby.

PS does not even deserve thinking about.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

I really hope it is getting roasted and pained just now
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

At the time, I lived in Leigh near Wigan and the police came round to workplaces and played one of the tapes from that hoaxer, “Wearside Jack”, to see if anyone recognised him.
The lives that were lost because of that.
I understand that the Peter Sutcliffes of this world are patently wired so differently from the norm that there’s no explaining their actions.
What I don’t understand is the actions of the people associated with them. His wife knew what he’d done but “stood by him”.
What about the women who allow the monsters they're with to torment and kill their children? Or other people’s children.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who has to deal with these things in whatever capacity.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First it was horrible what that man has done but to say you happy he dead is horrible I hated what he had done but I world never wish anyone dead.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I’m sure I posted on this thread this morning?

Edit - there are two threads

Edited at 07:25 PM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
First it was horrible what that man has done but to say you happy he dead is horrible I hated what he had done but I world never wish anyone dead.
I agree Cartoonp, I didn't like reading threads saying they were glad he was dead.
Old 14 Nov 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I can’t say I cheered because I honestly didn’t give him that much importance in my head. He was a monster who was caught and has been in prison ever since. Exactly where he belonged. I don’t care that he’s dead. I’m not upset by it. I won’t mourn him. I didn’t even know he was still alive to be honest. Is that the same as being glad he’s dead?
Old 14 Nov 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
I agree Cartoonp, I didn't like reading threads saying they were glad he was dead.
Me too. What he did was evil and barbaric but I wouldn’t take pleasure in seeing anybody dead. He did the crimes and he did the time until his death.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This sums up how I feel. I remember this impacting very much on my childhood- not being allowed to play at our friends houses because our mums were too frightened to be out collecting or picking up.