Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
Buggeration we booked flights for august 2 weeks ago using 120,000 points wonder if they would be kind and give them back...
There isn’t availability on all flights though(that’s from Manchester)
Old 23 Nov 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie131
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by roulainde View Post
That'd be great!

So I just got through after 1hr 45 mins on hold... she said that if I wanted to look at re-booking it would be £30pp (fine) but really didn't seem to interested in exploring any options for us.

She started reading the terms and conditions that said we couldn't use the upgrade/companion voucher with this offer...it was clear we weren't going to get anywhere so we've left it.

If I hadn't phoned I would have been kicking myself for not trying but it might well be down to the luck of the draw on who you speak to.
sophie131 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophie131 View Post
s.

She started reading the terms and conditions that said we couldn't use the upgrade/companion voucher with this offer...it was clear we weren't going to get anywhere so we've left it.
Those bits of the T&C's are really confusing :-

Points Plus Money bookings, Upgrade rewards and Companion rewards are excluded from this offer. Vouchers are combinable with this offer.

Credit Card Vouchers are combinable with this offer:

Companion rewards: For example, book an Economy reward flight from London Heathrow to New York JFK return for 10,000 points in standard season and if you have a credit card voucher, use this to book a companion reward seat for no extra points. Standard voucher terms apply.

Upgrade rewards: For example, book an Economy return reward flight from London Heathrow to Tel Aviv for 9,000 points in standard season and use a credit card voucher to upgrade to Premium for no extra points. Standard voucher terms apply.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
roulainde
I have Ears

Originally Posted by sophie131 View Post
So I just got through after 1hr 45 mins on hold... she said that if I wanted to look at re-booking it would be £30pp (fine) but really didn't seem to interested in exploring any options for us.

If I hadn't phoned I would have been kicking myself for not trying but it might well be down to the luck of the draw on who you speak to.
Thanks for the update.

I've been looking and I can get UC on the way back for only 10,000 miles and £300 extra for the both of us so I'm gonna cancel for 30pp and rebook straight away. Let's just hope these 3 UC seats don't sell out until then!

Edited at 06:57 PM.
roulainde is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Plus you can also buy miles and get 50 percent free .
Old 23 Nov 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thankfully after having to cancel our open ticket and use our miles for M&M economy delight just last week, our dates don’t seem to be included anyway. I don’t think I could’ve contained my rage if they had been.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Been on hold an hour... how long do I wait!

Trying to book flights to Washington for June. Its a bargain anyway but if I can use my CC vouchers its even better... I think it may be worth the wait!
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I couldn't resist a mock search from Man and LHR to MCO flying Jan, Feb or March, UC was £2440 and reward seats the usual 90k of miles, perhaps the click bait fares were fairly limited and most have sold.
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I couldn't resist a mock search from Man and LHR to MCO flying Jan, Feb or March, UC was £2440 and reward seats the usual 90k of miles, perhaps the click bait fares were fairly limited and most have sold.
just checked there are still return UC reward fares for Man-MCO for 57k + Tax pp example 22/7-5/8, unheard of for School Hols!
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
palmlodge
Getting Excited

Spent three hours on hold to be told the upgrade voucher would mean negating the 50% points.

Sooo, I should just book without the upgrade voucher, get the second person also at half price, and not waste the upgrade voucher? OK I'll do that.

Wife and I are taking two kids, so we have paid the points, and have a spare upgrade voucher each. Any ideas what to do with them?

Daft system.
palmlodge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List