Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 20, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Virgin Economy Normal, Delight and Premium

This has probably been asked a hundred times but I'm struggling to find a thread giving an answer.

We are looking at booking for June next year (fingers crossed). I'm looking to see what everyone's thoughts are on the 3 classes of seats

Virgin economy normal, we flew in the past and was ok.

Virgin economy delight, is this a good upgrade on the normal seats.

Virgin premium economy, is it worthwhile paying the extra over delight. On the flight back my daughter likes to sleep across the seats but this doesn't look possible as the seats look blocked off.

There are 4 of us and the price difference is about 500 moving up each class.

Thanks in advance
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Have used all 3 classes in the past. Economy is obviously the basic seat. Delight was nice but only cost us about £25 each extra. My hubby liked the extra leg room and the premium check in and boarding was useful. Sounds funny but I wouldn’t pay £500 extra for delight but I might pay £1000 extra for 4 in premium. Premium is a much nicer flight. You can’t move the arm rests so you can’t lie across the seats but it has a wider seat and just feels a bit more relaxing to me. However, the extra cost isnt for everybody, just worth weighing up if that £1000 could be better spent on your holiday rather than just the transport.

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

thanks for the info, its close to my thinking as well.

I was checking a few youtube videos and the condition of the premium economy seats wasn't the best and looked very run down, is this the case?
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Also remember in premium you are paying for an extra suitcase each too. This can be useful if you are planning on buying stuff over there. £1000 extra for a return premium for 4 people is a great price so yes I probably would but I can't pack lite so this gives me the option of having an extra case as well as the more comfy seat.
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by geomac79 View Post
thanks for the info, its close to my thinking as well.

I was checking a few youtube videos and the condition of the premium economy seats wasn't the best and looked very run down, is this the case?
It depends upon the route. I only fly Manchester and they’ve just recently changed their fleet having got rid of the planes with the bubble. These did look run down, however I don’t know how ‘new’ or how much better the replacement planes look.
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
It depends upon the route. I only fly Manchester and they’ve just recently changed their fleet having got rid of the planes with the bubble. These did look run down, however I don’t know how ‘new’ or how much better the replacement planes look.
Its Manchester Im looking to fly from as well so this is good info thanks
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Have used all 3 classes in the past. Economy is obviously the basic seat. Delight was nice but only cost us about £25 each extra. My hubby liked the extra leg room and the premium check in and boarding was useful. Sounds funny but I wouldn’t pay £500 extra for delight but I might pay £1000 extra for 4 in premium. Premium is a much nicer flight. You can’t move the arm rests so you can’t lie across the seats but it has a wider seat and just feels a bit more relaxing to me. However, the extra cost is for everybody, just worth weighing up if that £1000 could be better spent on your holiday rather than just the transport.
On the new A350 the premium seat is only about half an inch to an inch wider than economy! I’ve read that those seats will be retro fitted to other planes too which makes premium seats pretty rubbish or the extra price!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
On the new A350 the premium seat is only about half an inch to an inch wider than economy! I’ve read that those seats will be retro fitted to other planes too which makes premium seats pretty rubbish or the extra price!
That’s a bit of a swizz on the width then isn’t it. The older planes definitely felt wider but as I said in my second comment, I only used the bubble planes so can’t comment on the new ones. I’m assuming the seats are still a bit comfier (used to look like leather), so for the extra £1k you’ll be getting extra leg room, smaller cabin, upgraded food, premium checkin, extra baggage, earlier on and off the plane. Do you still get an amenity kit or has that gone now (who knows what will be left in the post covid world!).
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You need to look at the pitch on the new planes as they are smaller than what we have been used to on the 747.
I like delight as gives more miles than PE, the extra legroom is great and you get to use PE check in and board before the rest of economy.

i also believe that they have 4 seats across the middle now so better for families and in pairs.
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

That’s a bit of a swizz on the width then isn’t it. The older planes definitely felt wider but as I said in my second comment, I only used the bubble planes so can’t comment on the new ones. I’m assuming the seats are still a bit comfier (used to look like leather), so for the extra £1k you’ll be getting extra leg room, smaller cabin, upgraded food, premium checkin, extra baggage, earlier on and off the plane. Do you still get an amenity kit or has that gone now (who knows what will be left in the post covid world!).
Yes PE was always 21 inch so 3 or 4 inches wider. The new seats actually mean if you’ve got wider hips/bum (like me!)the seats will be more of a squeeze than economy due to the fixed armrests!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List