Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes - its grey and dark and cooler (foggy here) and with the draconian restrictions etc effecting a lot of people moods - just look at the sniping remarks appearing on the Dibb today ! I have just had a long 3 hr walk with my support bubble and dog and feel better for it but this morning I was feeling very grey Groundhog Day
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Yes. I’m fed up of not being able to go anywhere or see anyone. I want to go for a nice meal in a nice pub and have a nice conversation with my closest friends that I’ve not spent any time with since pre-March. It’s just never ending.
Feel exactly the same as you
And it’s even more depressing when the news states it’ll be like this till Easter 😩😬🙁
No families together indoors 😢
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Absolutely fed up!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Yes. Back to spending most of my time crying.
So sorry that you’ve been like this, please take care ❤️Xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

On a happier note, we walked to High Street today & had the new After Eight Hot Chocolate 💕this cheered me up especially as we got an After Eight mint each & Hubbie doesn’t like them so ate his too
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
On a happier note, we walked to High Street today & had the new After Eight Hot Chocolate 💕this cheered me up especially as we got an After Eight mint each & Hubbie doesn’t like them so ate his too
I wondered if you got an actual chocolate after eight with the hot choc. I had the purple one latte a couple of weeks ago and was surprised when I was handed a chocolate along with the coffee.
It was the best part, the coffee was bland and nothing like the picture 😕
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I’m a bit fed up today as it’s grey, foggy, dark and damp - these are the winter days I hate.

We’ve just finished isolating for 2 weeks after our youngest son and then hubby contracted Covid, was a bit worrying at one point with hubby.

I’m also fed up generally with all the restrictions. We’ve been on extra ones for months and now going in to T3 next week.

We’re having a lot of work done in the house atm - so that’s hard too. But on the other hand, it’s a distraction whilst we can’t do much else.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

I saw my late Mum's friends (a couple in their 80s) walking to the shops. I pulled over and had a chat but I couldn't give them a lift or even a hug.

Just a little thing out of all that's happened but today it really got to me.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Yep. Still don’t know if I’m allowed back to work or not when lockdown ends. As a driving instructor I have to follow what the DVSA say. They haven’t made a decision yet It’s so frustrating. Pretty much everyone else knows where they stand but they keep sayinkg they are in discussions with the government. The amount of stick they are getting on Twitter is ferocious. I’m getting bombarded with people with tests who don’t know what’s going on. I’m feel terrible just saying I don’t know.

Edited at 06:00 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I am furloughed at the moment and go back to work on Thursday. I work in retail and I am dreading it. Its going to horrendous

I haven't seen anyone outside my household for weeks.

Id like to go out for a meal I haven't had to cook

Im sick of our local Tesco being the only place I can go.

Ive put my dining room Christmas tree up today and let the kids decorate it and then they made shortbread biscuits.

I dont feel the slightest bit enthusiastic about Christmas.

Hopefully its just this year and next year will be much better.

Like many others here. its frustrating to be one of the ones who does what they are supposed to and then just to see many people breaking the rules, you wonder why you bother.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List