Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

I didn't read everything here so apologies if it's already been said.. but is it possible to leave a reply to the feedback and explain your point if view (without turning it into a battle)
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by afcajax73 View Post
I didn't read everything here so apologies if it's already been said.. but is it possible to leave a reply to the feedback and explain your point if view (without turning it into a battle)
She messaged this morning saying she has cried all day about it.

I said me too.

She replied saying she has asked Etsy if she can remove the review.

🥰
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The problem with this is two-fold...

1) When the supplier replies, it locks the customers review text so they can no longer change it. At present the customer can ammend what they wrote or even delete the review. So leaving a follow-up effectively removes any chance of the review being "softened" by the customer

2) The actual facts of the story (if you leave out the "I'd had a tough time" bit) don't make great reading in isolation
  • Sorry I sent you the wrong personalised name
  • I have apologised
  • I have refunded

All of which are true, but none of which would encourage any other customer to purchase.

All in all better to accept it as a "thing that happened" and move on
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Worked so bloody hard this week and accidentally sent someone an item with the wrong surname on. It's her anniversary tomorrow so of course I sent a refund straight away as well as lots of apologies. She's left me a one star review and told everyone what a 'disaster' it is and how upset she is.

Think I need a day off...

I was trying to enjoy putting the tree up with James when I saw the review and now I can't stop crying
When we rented our villa fo 12 years we had some really nice guests but 3 sets who broke the rules were really nasty and it upset me by lying to get a free holiday out numbered by the nice ones we have moved on

Hope she returned what you sent in error, move on too and reply to the review everyone is under pressure and she should know that lockdown is hard for the whole world Stay safe xx
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by billbarbara229 View Post
Hope she returned what you sent in error
On the subject of return, it isn't the customers task to return a faulty/non-ordered item (which this is one of those two), it is the vendor's responsibility to arrange collection if they require it to be returned.

The vendor should not be inconvenienced or out-of-pocket in any way for resolving an issue not of their own making

It's possible that the effort and cost of arranging this collection mean it is simpler to just "write-off" the product
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
The problem with this is two-fold...

1) When the supplier replies, it locks the customers review text so they can no longer change it. At present the customer can ammend what they wrote or even delete the review. So leaving a follow-up effectively removes any chance of the review being "softened" by the customer

2) The actual facts of the story (if you leave out the "I'd had a tough time" bit) don't make great reading in isolation
  • Sorry I sent you the wrong personalised name
  • I have apologised
  • I have refunded

All of which are true, but none of which would encourage any other customer to purchase.

All in all better to accept it as a "thing that happened" and move on
I'm not sure I'd agree there.. the first point is fair, but if I was reading reviews and there was an issue, and the seller had took the time to reply and you can see it's been refunded etc. I'd be much more trusting of the seller than someone who's had a bad experience and there's no sign of any acceptance or recompense
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
She messaged this morning saying she has cried all day about it.

I said me too.

She replied saying she has asked Etsy if she can remove the review.

🥰
That's good to hear... not that you've both been crying.. but that it's resolved!
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

Yay ! They are human 😀. Now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get yourself making some lovely items to make people smile 😊 x
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm not sure I'd agree there.. the first point is fair, but if I was reading reviews and there was an issue, and the seller had took the time to reply and you can see it's been refunded etc. I'd be much more trusting of the seller than someone who's had a bad experience and there's no sign of any acceptance or recompense
I completely agree, if there is a problem I like to see how the seller dealt with it, and in this situation I’d be more than happy to order.

I’m pleased to see that it’s been sorted now.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

A one star review wouldn’t put me off. But I think at the moment people are dealing with a lot, yourself included, and when a mistake happens it’s all magnified. Whilst disaster sounds dramatic, who knows what she’s had to deal with this year and maybe this just tipped her over the edge. I’d try not to beat yourself up over it, we’re all human, mistakes happen and she sounds like she wishes she hadn’t put the review herself now.
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List