Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Mine is all set up. Had it in the lounge next to the router to maximise download speed, now in my man cave hooked up to projector. Had to order a HDMI -> Optical splitter as their is no optical output on these, being delivered on Sat, just in time for COD Black Ops.

Took a while to download all the content I wanted (mostly from the awesome GamePass list).

Impressed that it is totally silent.
Can I ask you is it soooo much better than the the x box one
I havnt been able to get one yet and have pre warned DS but is it worth the hype (he only had a new console lady Xmas as previous one broke )
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Can I ask you is it soooo much better than the the x box one
I havnt been able to get one yet and have pre warned DS but is it worth the hype (he only had a new console lady Xmas as previous one broke )
Soooo much better? It's not the huge jump from the 360 to One. It's more evolution than revolution. The fact the back catalogue works straight out of the box is a major winner.

It will depend on what display you are using. If you have the latest 120hz 4K TV then I'd imagine the jump will be very impressive. My TV is just 1080p at 60hz, same with my projector.

I do see an improvement in the frame rate, no slowdown when playing F1 2019 or on Forza Horizon 4 that I was seeing on the One.

The loading speed is much faster. The controller is more textured and seems to have a meatier rumble.

Is it worth £449? Yep, if you want similar graphics that you'd only see on a gaming PC that would cost 3 to 4 times as much.

The S is a really good deal if you already have a USB external drive, without one you'd be limited to less than a handful of games due to the lack of disk space.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Thanks 2point DS has a 4K tv so I might persevere - though he kseemed resigned to getting it in April for his birthday I will keep my eyes open
Enjoy !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I was on Gears 5 last night - the detail really wowed me. Very impressed with the speed and all the lighting effects. Movie-like in game.

Note - this plays on the Series S too.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Better waiting 6 months until the kinks are ironed out and better games are released anyway.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am terrible at really wanting something I can’t have 🙈
We decided against getting our son one because he wanted a double bed therefore we didn’t pre order one.
Then we felt terrible because we was going to get him a double bed regardless of Christmas. So on I tried to get one when they came out and after being in virtual queues, having it in my basket then it disappeared, spending all day stressed out about it we decided to forget it.
But I am stressing again today! Is there any chance of actually getting one before Christmas? (X not s)
He will definitely want one next Christmas, so maybe wait until then? But I know his little face would be a picture if he got one this year!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am terrible at really wanting something I can’t have 🙈
We decided against getting our son one because he wanted a double bed therefore we didn’t pre order one.
Then we felt terrible because we was going to get him a double bed regardless of Christmas. So on I tried to get one when they came out and after being in virtual queues, having it in my basket then it disappeared, spending all day stressed out about it we decided to forget it.
But I am stressing again today! Is there any chance of actually getting one before Christmas? (X not s)
He will definitely want one next Christmas, so maybe wait until then? But I know his little face would be a picture if he got one this year!

They will come in and out of stock between now and Christmas, all you can really do is keep checking, sign up to Stock Informer notifications, and be quick if you get a notification
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Finally managed to place a Gamepass Ultimate order with Game for an Xbox X last Wednesday. I think it indicated a Christmas Eve delivery date (but doesn’t show that on my account), I’m just happy to have finally been able to place and mm order! Very much looking forward to finally getting it!
Probably ought to get on with ordering that 4K tv...
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List