Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile Booking direct with Disney Question

I’m thinking of booking direct for next year instead of my usual TA. Can you book room and tickets and then add on flights with Disney when they are available? How easy is this to do and has anyone had any problem doing this?

Many thanks
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
You can pay a deposit to book room and tickets with disney. You can ring up to add flights to your booking when they are released at 11 months but i personally would just book flights separately as I've always found better deals booking flights from somewhere like skyscanner and then hotel with disney.
Old 6 Apr 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks that’s good to know, maybe I’ll give this a try this time
Old 6 Apr 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We booked direct but flights weren't available as it was so far in advance when the free dining gets released so we called them up to add it on once they were available but they were really expensive so sorted it our selves . Just make sure you get the correct insurance etc to cover everything if flights are seperate make sure everything is covered . It was really easy to be honest . It was our first and only holiday to Disney . If we can do it anyone can .
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink2386
Getting to know the DIBB

I did this last year for our holiday in Oct this year. I could of added flights at the time of booking but it was coming in at 2800 and I knew I could get it cheaper but when the flights were released at 11 they were still really high so I just kept checking Skyscanner and netflights till I got a price I was happy with. Another tip look at different airports that you could fly from as some are significantly cheaper. Man is always cheaper than Glasgow. We were going to drive to man but found that Gatwick was really cheap and we could pick up a flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick cheap and still saved ourselves £500 xx
Tink2386 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We booked with them and then recieved a phone call from Disney when our flights were released,we had alteady booked them ourselves though!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

I would recommend you sign up with quidco if you book woth disney direct so that you earn cashback
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve done exactly this 3 times now - booked room & tickets when free dining is released, then wait for good flight prices direct with VA or BA. Once we are happy (eg sale or something) we ring up Disney who have always been within about £20 of the flight price I get direct with airline. To us the ATOL protection is helpful for peace of mind if the prices are that close.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

I will also do be doing this for the first time as we travel next September (2020) and want to book direct with Disney. I have a spreadsheet and I believe that if I can get 2 flights under gbp 500 each then Disney direct will work out cheapest.

I am happy booking the flight element myself but did hear that if you find a cheaper flight than Disney are offering, when the time comes, that you can ring up and they will add your preferred flight to the booking.

That said, I did my own mock comparison using this September as a benchmark and Disney were matching. However, I will ONLY book flights direct with airlines and not the cheaper deals offered through third parties so maybe this is why I am not seeing a difference between what Disney are offering and what I am finding.

Although I book through a credit card so have protection I still prefer the protection if perceive I am getting by booking though mainstream providers. I have experienced several friends who have lost money and or peace of mind by booking though third party operators.

I also understand, although this may not be correct as it is something I have been told and not something from my own knowledge, that if your flight changes, and it is booked direct with Disney, that they will then change your accommodation in line with these changes.

Happy planning everyone
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

Mobile

booking seperate is definatley the best option. We book hotel and tickets direct with Disney online and usually use expedia to book the flights
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List