Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile sunglasses help

I have always bought oakleys, and they have done me well, however since being taken over by Luxottica i have noticed the quality nose dive to the point that i have reverted to my 2006 big square wires.

So my question is this, die anyone have any experiance with costa del mar sunnys i looked at them last year but never pulled the trigger as i hadnt heard of them?

Thank you

Colin
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Sorry cant help with that brand but can highly recommend Maui Jim's they do both glass lens & lightweight's I have both & the lightweights are truly lightweight.
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

I agree with the Oakleys. I have a pair of carbon metal frames with polarized lenses (just over two yrs old but really looked after). Been here for 9 days and the lenses have started to badly delaminate in various places on both lenses. The quality is poor, the only thing I can put it down to is the heat? It's getting steadily worse throughout the holiday.

Maybe a trip to sunglasses hut for a new pair is in order? Well, not new Oakleys, don't think i'll buy another pair.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
I agree with the Oakleys. I have a pair of carbon metal frames with polarized lenses (just over two yrs old but really looked after). Been here for 9 days and the lenses have started to badly delaminate in various places on both lenses. The quality is poor, the only thing I can put it down to is the heat? It's getting steadily worse throughout the holiday.

Maybe a trip to sunglasses hut for a new pair is in order? Well, not new Oakleys, don't think i'll buy another pair.
No me neither, i have big square wires 5 pairs ish ,new old stock ,and snap them up when ever i see them, a couple of pairs of splinters and a couple of pairs of juliets. A loved the brand but the quality is awfull. The quality of my 2006 glasses is leaps and bounds ahead of the 2018 wires i bought last year, they dont even fit on my face straight.
Maybe i will try maui jim's or the costa del mar's , in for a penny and all that.

Thanks chaps
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Timeless Classic Ray-ban Aviators for me. Had these for over twenty years, on my third pair now.
But have changed the prescription a few more times.
Stainless Steel with dark grey/blue lenses.
Hopefully will still have them for another twenty
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Sorry cant help with that brand but can highly recommend Maui Jim's they do both glass lens & lightweight's I have both & the lightweights are truly lightweight.
Another Maui Jim fan here. They are super lightweight. I wear mine all year round. Have the same pair for 6 years + though I do interchange with my back up identical pair from time to time.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just bought a new pair of Ray-Bans I just love them.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Same here, oakley always my go to, loved them, but prices gone up and quality down

Swapped to Muau Jims which are brilliantly lighweight, almost feels like they should be heavier for the money LOL but yeah, great.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
They look great but a bit pricey for me - are there any of the cheaper (up to £40) brands people recommend?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
They look great but a bit pricey for me - are there any of the cheaper (up to £40) brands people recommend?
Not that i know of tbh. Sunglasses shack has some deals.