Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Crowdpleaser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Car hire prices

Hi all.

Last time we went to Florida our car through virgin and Alamo was all included in the package.

This time it's looking like we might be doing it separately. What sort of prices am I looking for for 2 weeks in August for an intermediate sub? Can it be done for under 500?

Trying to work out what's a good flydrive vs flight only deal...

Many thanks
Crowdpleaser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire is a regular Dibber and highly regarded and used (including us) by dozens of Dibbers.

He's usually very competitive as well - so you can get a price now. Usually a year out is OK for prices to be posted.

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick

Edited at 06:51 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

Only done a fly-drive once in recent years and BA/Avis were pretty competitive. They are one of the few that you will have a fully insured car included - unlike VH, TC or Tui where you need to upgrade the basic "included" car just to get acceptable insurance.

Mick
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

I check a number of websites although routinely check Rental Cars, Auto Europe and Netflights. They also offer the necessary insurances and provide prices for additional drivers, GPS etc.

All offer free cancellation so you can cancel and rebook if you find it cheaper. My one piece of advice would be to book with a site offering free cancellation.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Over the last few years we've used AutoEurope, Netflights, Expedia for car hire only and BA for fly-drive.
Until the last couple of years BA were very competitive, but, not so much recently.
For this year we've paid £490 for 24 days car hire with AutoEurope for a mid size car.
The original booked price was £560 but they had a sale and we cancelled and rebooked at the cheaper price.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Crowdpleaser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire is a regular Dibber and highly regarded and used (including us) by dozens of Dibbers.

He's usually very competitive as well - so you can get a price now. Usually a year out is OK for prices to be posted.

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick
Thank you. Yes well aware of Andy and have been watching the site. The cars are quite above what I want to pay at the moment and really wondering if they go down much. Is there lots of movement on car hire prices?
Crowdpleaser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Crowdpleaser View Post
Thank you. Yes well aware of Andy and have been watching the site. The cars are quite above what I want to pay at the moment and really wondering if they go down much. Is there lots of movement on car hire prices?
From what I read on the DIBB prices do seem to fluctuate quite a lot - both up and down You can book with Andy though (and some other brokers) and cancel and re-book if the price goes down without penalty.

If you decide to book now for instance just pop on to his site now and again - if it's dropped just send him an email and he'll re-book.

Mick
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Crowdpleaser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

That's really helpful. Thank you Mick 👍
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Crowdpleaser View Post
Yes, prices change all the time.

My approach is to book at a price I am content with and then keep checking prices regularly for reductions. I started at £497 with Alamo for a Standard SUV in November for 14 days. Now have it at £406.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Crowdpleaser
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by pk67 View Post
Yes, prices change all the time.

My approach is to book at a price I am content with and then keep checking prices regularly for reductions. I started at £497 with Alamo for a Standard SUV in November for 14 days. Now have it at £406.
Thank you that's great!