Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

To go or not to go... that is the question?

Hi, we have been round and round this topic to decide what to do in September. We are flying PE with VH on 03 Sep, 2 weeks at Vista Cay and have UOAPs. We always go to HHN at Universal. Our trip is paid for with VH and we are undecided if we should push it back until next year and only go for a cheeky week, or, if we should just get on the plane and have 2 weeks in the sun. I suspect many others are debating the same thing. I have worked throughout the lockdown and it has been challenging due to what I do, and OH has been furloughed but has kept himself terribly busy looking after parents, being hunter gatherer and helping neighbours. I know this is a personal choice but wondered how others felt who are due to go September.
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bonjovi View Post
Hi, we have been round and round this topic to decide what to do in September. We are flying PE with VH on 03 Sep, 2 weeks at Vista Cay and have UOAPs. We always go to HHN at Universal. Our trip is paid for with VH and we are undecided if we should push it back until next year and only go for a cheeky week, or, if we should just get on the plane and have 2 weeks in the sun. I suspect many others are debating the same thing. I have worked throughout the lockdown and it has been challenging due to what I do, and OH has been furloughed but has kept himself terribly busy looking after parents, being hunter gatherer and helping neighbours. I know this is a personal choice but wondered how others felt who are due to go September.
Debating the same thing here!

We are thinking, (Currently! As we change our mind like the wind! ) that if the plane is going, and we feel covered by travel insurance, then we would go.

We are booked into Disney at the moment. We don't have to decide on that and if or not to pay the balance until July, so plenty of time to see how things pan out between now and then...

If we decide against Disney, we have already booked an alternate itinerary taking in several of the Keys and the Gulf Coast in a road trip holiday, which we would love and was on our 'to do' list anyway.

Probably like you are, we are torn between really needing a break - and weighing everything up.

Keep us posted on this thread what you decide!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm also due to go September, staying 7 nights at POFQ and 5 nights at the Polynesian. I'm paying for the POFQ part and the Polynesian part is complimentary. I'm considering ditching the POFQ part and going to Universal, staying at Sapphire Falls. I'll then go to Disney for my Polynesian stay. I won't have Disney tickets but will be happy to mooch around the resort, Disney Springs etc.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Awe dear us too! Departing 12 th Sept Nyc for 4 nights , HRH 4 nights then villa for 13 nights!
I have to wear full ppe at work (nurse) and I am absolutely not going on my holiday wearing one! Am hoping or maybe dreaming things will change but am sure they won’t!
Unsure whether to sit and wait or cancel now and loose deposits. I think by Sept flights will be flying though maybe not to NYC.
On the bright side of things aren’t we all lucky That we are still here and able to talk about holidays?💕
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

We are due to go 12th September and have not made a decision to go yet. We were going mainly for the 30th anniversary of HHN, but can’t see how they will do this now. Was only going 1 night to Disney so not bothered about missing Disney.
I have two weeks before my Tui balance is due so keeping an eye on the situation.
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Another 12th September departure here.

This was rebooked from June, and is realistically the last change for our group to go together outside of school holidays.

So if the plane flys, and America let us in we will be going. No Disney for us, just Universal, Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Wizzadora85
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We are due to go in September and we are going to cancel.

We are due to go for 3 weeks and no dining plan, possibly no fireworks, parades, character dining and character meals is just to much.

Nevermind the fact prebooking your park and no park hopping.

I honestly do not want to feel like the holiday we had planned for our ten year wedding anniversary is then a fight to get a day in a park, then probably not eating because 3 weeks worth of food is a lot of money.

Plus I am in the shielding category so I just so not want to be constantly worrying.
Wizzadora85 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovetotravel
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We've made the decision not to go in September.

We've postponed our flights until next year and now waiting to see what happens with our Disney hotel booked direct.

This was to be our last Florida trip as a family before my Daughter moves out, and we wanted the full Disney experience. All the restrictions, cancelling of dining plan and booking of parks days etc just cemented the decision for us.
Lovetotravel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bonjovi View Post
Hi, we have been round and round this topic to decide what to do in September. We are flying PE with VH
oh get you!
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List