Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tabwest
New Poster (5)

Question April 2021?

Have had to shift our bookings twice, first April 2020 to Oct 2020 and now to April 2021. Did we do the right thing?
Flights have been our biggest constraint as will not refund but we have been able to re schedule...
What are people’s thoughts on viability of April 2021, will UK citizens be allowed to fly into Florida with no Quarantine?
tabwest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlkeeper
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

The world is too unpredictable to tell. I know your anxiety must be high, too many what if's and buts. I think the best you can do is look forward to it and hope for the best. I hope the best comes through for you.
Pearlkeeper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

As said it’s all a bit uncertain but with CV sweeping through the Florida population just now then surely rates will have to start falling in the state soon. Also depends on how the uk gets through the winter where it’s expected a resurgence of the first wave/second wave will come.

We’re looking at 1st May as rescheduled villa but have nothing else booked. All eggs in the oxford based vaccine basket it feels like, although Moderna talking about vaccine approved at the end of the year.

But I guess even if a vaccine or medicine approved, the roll out lead times may mean restrictions won’t be lifted until at least April but more likely later.

Got to have hope tho!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

We are rebooked for July 2021 and like you would like some reassurance that all will be well... but the truth is no one knows.

There is every variation of speculation and scientific findings out there if you look for it, from “there’s nothing to worry about”, to “we’re all doomed”... guess we just have to play our part and wait and see..

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
The Thornes
Getting Excited

For what it's worth I think it is the right thing.

We should be flying out today. But have postponed till April 21.
Just an extra 36 weeks of planning and looking forward.
Plus an extra 36 weeks of saving so we can make this delayed trip the best yet!
2014 Rosen Pointe Orlando
2017 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Sports resort - Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Music - Hard Rock Hotel
2022 Rosen Pointe Orlando -Pop Century - Hard Rock Hotel
2023 Portofino Bay

Edited at 12:02 PM.
The Thornes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are rescheduled for April 2021 after being cancelled this April.
All I have at the moment is our villa booking which our Dibb owner kindly moved
We are staying positive that by the end of the year we will be confident to book flights.
Park tickets are totally on hold , we will decide nearer the time what approach to take.
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

This is I think is entirely your decision personally for me I wouldn't want to fly long haul for another year or so too much uncertainty also I'm not 100% I'd get adequate insurance to cover my family.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Deetwig
New Poster (2)

Mobile

We were sept 9th 2020 but rescheduled for april 2021 now , surely should be OK by then ? Will have been going on a year by then ! Fingers crossed
Deetwig is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

We moved June to October and now April 2021. I've no idea what will happen next month let alone next year.

I've done everything in my control, rebooking flights, villa, theme park reservation and car hire. Covid-19 and the opening up of borders is out of my control so there's no point worrying about in my opinion.
Que sera sera
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we moved our whole package to April/May 21, we had our Disney tickets so ATD extended them for 21. we have booked our reservations day and have kept our dollars . we have everything ready to go so are just hoping for the best. no one knows what will happen but i need to have something to look forward too.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List