Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile Afternoon tea for 12 year old

My daughter is gonna be 12 this time next week and trying to make birthday a bit special for her, she doesn't want to go out, she has autism and has been a bit well a lot of a recluse during lockdown so we thought we'd do an afternoon tea in the garden, mum and dad and Lilly, nannan and grandad and after them big sister and her boyfriend coming over. So I'm after ideas for food, there will be cake and I've ordered lots of platters and a cake stand to put things like scones with jam and cream on and mini cakes (shop bought I'm no Mary Berry I can just about manage to make the scones lol) going to do sandwiches and put on platters and want some nibbles... Lilly loves a snack sized bit of beige but I'm just wondering what else to do? Thought afternoon tea was more grown up than a tea party and want it to look more grown up, I've got bunting for the garden and lights and balloons ordered, gonna say a prayer for sunshine lol but wondering if there's a few things else I could do, oh and everything's pink just cos I wanted a bit of a theme and pink was easiest to source online, postie and couriers must love me at minute I've got stuff arriving daily. Thought maybe flowers on table, I've got some plastic wine flutes and shleor for us to drink. Any suggestions, thanks xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds a lovely idea, I’m sure your DD will love it. Are you planning on having music playing? Has Lily got a favourite singer, maybe you could play her favourite music through the meal as background music?

Are you wondering what to do after the food? Could you play charades? Seems more grown up than children’s party games, but would be fun. Or maybe some garden games could be bought, like garden Jenga or boules?

Whatever you do I hope Lilly has a fantastic birthday xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It sounds like you’ve got it covered. We did one for the VE Day and had pork pies and quiche as well as cake and scones.

I’d get her favourite beige party foods. Put on a tea stand it makes everything look special.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That sounds a lovely idea, I’m sure your DD will love it. Are you planning on having music playing? Has Lily got a favourite singer, maybe you could play her favourite music through the meal as background music?

Are you wondering what to do after the food? Could you play charades? Seems more grown up than children’s party games, but would be fun. Or maybe some garden games could be bought, like garden Jenga or boules?

Whatever you do I hope Lilly has a fantastic birthday xx
Yes I think we will have music in the background, I'll stick the echo out the kitchen window lol, good idea with the garden games we have some bits and pieces in the garden box so will have a look, she likes charades and nannan and grandad do too, thank you x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Little bite size sausage rolls strawberries dipped in chocolate
What ever you serve
Illy will love it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It all sounds lovely, wish I could come. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What you’ve planned already sounds lovely Sam 😊

If you are worried about making the beige food look nicer when you plate it up, maybe place some vine cherry tomatoes or grapes in and around them? That usually helps.

I’m sure it will be just lovely. Will keep my fingers crossed for sunshine for you 🌞 x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds really lovely.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sounds fab, love the idea of garden games, I hioe Lily has a lovely birthday x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just a thought, they are selling unicorn pinatas (if thats how you spell it) at Aldi this week, they looked very nice and colourful!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List