Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
Can you let me know what it’s like when you have tried it out please?
This is what I’m looking at getting on Black Friday but I’m slightly frightened by the pressure cooker 😂
We have just made chips, they are delicious and so easy!
Im a bit scared of the pressure cooker too (I remember my mum having one years ago and she was paranoid about it going off). I am going to cook steak and mushroom pie filling tomorrow in the pressure cooker so I will let you know how I get on. We are going to try roast potatoes in the air fryer to go with it too.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
We got the Ninja Food Pressure cooker/air fryer/slow cooker thingy from Costco
Brilliant that you decided which one so quickly!
Which model is it? Is it the one with 2 different lids? Roundish shape as opposed to the squarer dual 2 basket one?

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
We have just made chips, they are delicious and so easy!
Im a bit scared of the pressure cooker too (I remember my mum having one years ago and she was paranoid about it going off). I am going to cook steak and mushroom pie filling tomorrow in the pressure cooker so I will let you know how I get on. We are going to try roast potatoes in the air fryer to go with it too.
Excellent!
Does it )if it is the round one) look hard to clean in the airfyer lid?

We are off tomorrow to get one - just haven't decided WHICH yet!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We have the tefal actifry, makes the best chips ever, only teaspoon of oil too, I put seasonong , salt , pepper etc on them , 35 mins later amazing brown proper chips.
Also baked potatoes, anything from freezer too like fish fingers, chicken breast etc works well.

No smell here I put mine on top of hob and put extracter on.
Just take the compartment out out and wash under tap No more mess .
Is it roundish with a lift up lid?
Sounds good choice Jane! How many portions of chips does it do at once? x
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Brilliant that you decided which one so quickly!
Which model is it? Is it the one with 2 different lids? Roundish shape as opposed to the squarer dual 2 basket one?

Excellent!
Does it )if it is the round one) look hard to clean in the airfyer lid?

We are off tomorrow to get one - just haven't decided WHICH yet!
Its this one ...
costco/Appliances/...0UKCO/p/330300

but it was only £131 in store with VAT included.

I just cleaned it and its so easy to clean. Its all non stick so it just wipes off with a soapy sponge. The lid didn't look greasy or dirty at all so I just gave it a quick wipe. The basket and the bowl I just gave a wash in hot soapy water but as we didn't use much oil to start with it wasn't very greasy anyhow.
No greasy smells in the kitchen either, which is why I have put off getting one for so long. I don't think we will ever go back to oven chips now
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Is it roundish with a lift up lid?
Sounds good choice Jane! How many portions of chips does it do at once? x
Yes it is that one ellen, it makes 3 decent portions of chips .
I would use about 5 medium potato’s for that.
Old 7 Nov 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve got a cheapy tower air fryer. It is very useful, daughter uses it a lot for breaded things such a few fingers for a sandwich. Isn’t very big though so not good if we want a lot of chips say for all of us. Ours was about £45 and has been worth it!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

As I already have a slow cooker I wonder if the Ninja pressure cooker model which also acts as a slow cooker I believe may not be worth the extra cost compared to the slightly cheaper model without the slow function.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Yes it is that one ellen, it makes 3 decent portions of chips .
I would use about 5 medium potato’s for that.
Thanks!

Agh! I still can't decide! Torn between the Actifry and the Ninja. Sounds silly but would have to stay out on worktop the whole time so needs to co-ordinate with my other stuff which are black and 'boxy' in shape. I like the look of the dual Ninja too but wonder if it might be a bit overkill.
My hubby is going to have a look and help me decide as I'm going round in circles!

But either way - baked potato, crispy home made chips, roasted chunky vegetables - yum. I can't wait!
Old 8 Nov 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Have you considered the ninja max health grill? It is black and silver and box shaped.This is the one I have and it’s great.It comes with a probe for cooking meat so you just select how you would like it cooked and it does it all for you. I use the air fryer on it a lot and can’t believe how much crispier things are than when cooked in the oven.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We have the tefal actifry, makes the best chips ever, only teaspoon of oil too, I put seasonong , salt , pepper etc on them , 35 mins later amazing brown proper chips.
Also baked potatoes, anything from freezer too like fish fingers, chicken breast etc works well.

No smell here I put mine on top of hob and put extracter on.
Just take the compartment out out and wash under tap No more mess .
So how does an actifry differ from an air fryer? Or are they basically the same?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List