Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 11 Nov 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Christmas store cupboard

Hi Everyone

I've been trying to pick up non perishable foods for Christmas like crisps nuts etc but was wondering what others have picked up that I could add to my Christmas stock

I'm hopefully getting some pickled onions and cranberry sauce later when I go for some essential shopping.
Old 11 Nov 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Bucks fizz 😁 tins sweets, crackers, dips like the doritos ones that dont need be in fridge.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I always have a store cupboard but at this time of year the extras are stuffing mix to add to my own recipe goose fat for roast potatoes fancy crackers for cheese
Extra wide tin foil and of course disposable roasting tins of all sizes Buck’s Fizz and some drinks mixers
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Booze 😋
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Pickles, sauces - cranberry plus general ketchups and mayonnaise etc, box biscuits, crackers for cheese, tin sweets - Roses etc, alcohol, crisps, nuts, pretzels, herbs- sage especially, turkey foil, mincemeat to make mince pies, flour. The list goes on and on 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Luxury hot chocolate, chocolate stirrers, mini marshmallows, nutella, crackers(the edible kind!), mulled wine, after eights, preserves and biscuits from independent local companies. The hard part is making sure everyone leaves the stash alone.x
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I have quite a stash in all ready and even have a freezer shelf dedicated to xmas food. I make a list of all the things I need/want for the xmas period and then pick up a few things each week.

I break my list down into different categories
xmas essential foods
cupboard basics
snacks/treats
household/toiletries
pets
Usually by xmas week the only things I really need to buy are the fresh foods which means more money for the sales
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstya1973
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

kirstya1973's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I have a Christmas food list that I print out in September and start to buy bits every week. I store it in a spare cupboard and add to it each week. It then leaves me just the fresh stuff that I need to buy when doing the Christmas shop. I’ve been doing this for 15 years and I love it as it’s my countdown. My Hubbie and kids laugh when the list appears in the cupboard but love helping with the shopping list each week.
Amerisuites Oct 2004, Enclaves Feb 2006, Bahama Bay Feb 2007, Mike Ditka Oct 2008, Floridays Oct 2009, Floridays May 2011, Tampa Oct 2011, Bahama Bay Oct 2013, Sheraton Vistana Resort Jul 2015, Rosen Inn @ Pointe May 2016. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake Nov 2017. Texas & Florida roadtrip April 2018. Florida & New York Sep 2019, Florida Mar 2020 (NOT) Florida Sep 2020 (NOT) April 2021(NOT) October 2022
kirstya1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirstya1973 View Post
I have a Christmas food list that I print out in September and start to buy bits every week. I store it in a spare cupboard and add to it each week. It then leaves me just the fresh stuff that I need to buy when doing the Christmas shop. I’ve been doing this for 15 years and I love it as it’s my countdown. My Hubbie and kids laugh when the list appears in the cupboard but love helping with the shopping list each week.
I need to make a list I can use each year
Old 11 Nov 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Because we are moving soon it drives me crazy that I can’t start my Christmas cupboard/freezer. I just hope there will be stuff left to buy when we move (I know there will, I’m just a planner!)

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List