Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile Those going in 2021

Just wondered, those who are going to Florida in 2021, what are you thinking it will be like over there? Do you think you'll still have to wear masks inside and out? Do you mind if fast passes still aren't available? Or are you thinking it'll be like it was before covid happened?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im going middle Oct 2021 and tbh still not sure thats going to happen. We are making a decsion when balance due and if masks still a thing we will cancel. I just dont think it will be as enjoyable.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Questions I’m constantly wondering all the time!
We’ve moved our Disney stay to offsite, just isn’t worth the cost with the current restrictions, and even if these are relaxed with no ddp too expensive.
We have t bought any theme park tickets as yet, and the plan was to wait until next year to see how things went ( though ATD have a good Black Friday deal at the mo so may consider putting a deposit down... )
I think the things I’d like most to return would be FP. Can live without park hopping ( particularly if not offsite as we don’t tend to anyway) Can live with masks indoors in restaurants, queues etc, but hoping by August they won’t be needed outside And round pool areas etc but who knows.
Endless Summer 2023

Edited at 08:45 AM.
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

We are going September 2021. The only current restriction I'm really concerned about is mask wearing outside with a 3 year old. I'm hoping they relax this rule by then. I would also like parades back but doubtful that will be the case. I guess all we can do is see how things play out between now and then. The vaccine is very good news but I'm concerned about how bad it is over there. How long will it take them to start to get things under control because until there are some big drops on cases etc I can unfortunately see these restrictions staying in place.
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I've got flights booked for August. I cant muster any enthusiasm whatsoever to even think about anything else. I was heartbroken to have to cancel everything this year, so I'm going to wait until much nearer the time before I book hotels and tickets. I'm 50/50 as to whether we will even go
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

We were due to go last April, now booked up for August next year. Am relatively confident it will go ahead but may be some restrictions still in place, so we will probably give Disney a complete miss. We're having a week in New York, week on the gulf Coast and a week at Universal on site.

Only booked the flights and won't commit money to hotels, car etc until we see whether the vaccine roll out progresses well.

We can put up with some restrictions but hoping need for masks on flights etc may have stopped, would still go though.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm booked for September 2021 and am just going to wait and see. I don't have to pay out any more money till August so should know then.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

We are booked for November 21 reasonably confident it'll happen however if masks are still compulsory for ages 2+ we won't be able to go as there is no chance our then nearly 3 year old will keep it on.
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I am really things are much better by August, it would be too much in masks for us.
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve booked a package with BA for August (flights, car and villa). We aren’t currently planning to do any parks, and are hoping the mask wearing requirement is eased. I think it will be a different holiday to previous years, but we’re quite happy with pottering around the villa and shopping/exploring. I’m just looking forward to having a break from the normal routine.