Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

I have set up a group

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1184366
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you all so much for the PM’s and the replies... what an amazing bunch of people you are... i am now going to bed calmer and will sleep instead of tormenting myself with out of control thoughts! Very grateful to you all xx
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
immygrace
Trying for More Ears

Thinking of you at this worrying time . Lean on your friends and family ( as much as u can at the moment ) and know that people are there to listen and support you . All the best xxx
immygrace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fraley
Proud to wear my Ears

Really sorry to read this, it is a scary time so I’d be happy to communicate with you.
I found out just over a year ago I had Breast Cancer & to me the waiting for results & more information about the diagnosis was the hardest part as your mind runs away with you & you imagine the worse possible scenarios. Once you know what is going to happen hopefully you’ll feel less panicked & you can focus on getting through what comes next. Xx
fraley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The waiting and not knowing really is the worst part. Once you have a treatment plan you can just work through that, crossing every chemo/radio session off until it’s time to head back to real life. Treatment can be challenging, but they do everything they can to make it tolerable yet still effective. Use your bc nurse - they are a great link into the hospital and a wealth of knowledge!
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Elisebev View Post
What treatment are you in. Mine is also in my bones. I think a group on here would be a great idea
I’m on palbociclib, letrozole and denosumab. Had to drop dosage of Palbo as my blood counts weren’t recovering, and may move to a 5 week cycle if blood counts stay low. It’s definitely tolerable. How about you?
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
floridaaddict
Getting Excited

Hi!
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago, invasive ductal carcinoma, triple positive.
The first few days/weeks are the worst, I found once I had my treatment plan I was able to cope better. Feel free to DM me.
Sending a massive hug.
floridaaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
I’m on palbociclib, letrozole and denosumab. Had to drop dosage of Palbo as my blood counts weren’t recovering, and may move to a 5 week cycle if blood counts stay low. It’s definitely tolerable. How about you?
Very similar treatment to me. Only difference is I get zometa infusions instead of denosumab. I had my dosage of palbo lowered at the start of the pandemic after a few instances of bloods being too low. The new dosage seems to be working well. I’m still doing most of what I was doing before including working full time and horse riding weekly or at least I was till covid hit. Yard is closed currently and I’m missing it so much. It’s my escape from everything. The one hour a week where I have to focus on something other than my health. My next scan is coming up in a couple of weeks and I’m already dreading the wait for results
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey. The group on here will be a great support to you. Take care x
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry i do not have any advise but I wanted to send ny love. This must be a terribly scary time for you.
I wish you, and all the others sadly going through cancer, hope, courage and love x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List