Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Aug 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I think my heart skipped a beat at garlic lobster noodles 😍
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Slips, trips and a change of plans

Today was a very strange day in that all the plans went out the window.

Eva needed sleep so I decided to let her sleep in, cancel fast passes at HS and have a snack around Epcot. We had early dinner booked at Cali Grill so I moved it to Wednesday and booked Planet Hollywood.

We got to Epcot around 1pm so headed to Sunshine Seasons where we had the Mongolian Beef and fried rice. This is really tasty.

Then things went a bit pear shaped. We went to world showcase and decided to start in the pyramid in Mexico and go in the Grand Fiesta boat. Getting into the boat I slipped and really hurt my ankle. I fell into the boat with a loud scream but it just carried on moving so I kind of went round the ride lying in the boat 😂😂. I managed to get out and not liking a fuss we headed to Germany to collect Eva’s Kidcot stickers and got a beer, a snickerdoodle cookie and middle gratin (best snack ever! )

We found a quiet corner to eat and Sri k and weigh up the damage to my ankle. I decided I’d carry on and go back to Norway for our Frozen fastpass I had picked up earlier.

Had anyone noticed the craze to wear your sunglasses like this? Very odd 😂

After Frozen we went to get a school bread but at this point my ankle gave up and I couldn’t walk. Eva managed to help me hobble to first aid where they put me in a wheelchair and took me out backstage into a Minnie van and delivered me back to my room at FQ. I was so embarrassed. And pretty upset that I’d forced eva back to the hotel instead of being out at the parks or pool. We decided on movies and pizza take out for tea.

We ordered in room dining and for two credits got a huge pizza, breadsticks and a couple of desserts. All really good.

I then spent the evening like this...

This morning the swelling has subsided - still a little sore but we are out and back on track with breakfast with Stitch and Yak & Yeti later followed by H2O Glow ...

We won’t be doing loads of walking though just our fastpasses and food 😊
Oh poor you. Hope your ankle is feeling better now. Glad Disney took care of you and transported you home to PQ 😀
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

H2O Glow

Not food related but I thought I would still share our experience.

Ticket cost was $59 for after park close exclusive access to Typhoon Lagoon.

The bit I have issue with is “exclusive access”. It was rammed. And I mean totally full. We have been to Blizzard Beach during the day this week and there were maybe 4 times as many people there.

We arrived shortly after the 6pm park close to the public and the line to get in was massive. When we eventually got in, we couldn’t find a sun lounger. They were all full. Eventually we secured one lounger in a far off corner in nowhereland. Which was fine as we didn’t really need it to be honest. We did have to join a scrum to get a locker - !$10 extra for this and not included in ticket price. Also worth noting - you can’t get towels you have to bring your own.

We did lazy river for one lap to acclimatise then from 7pm to 10pm we rode Misadventure Falls 3 times, (this line wasn’t so bad at 15-20 minutes each time) crush n Gusher once (45 minute line) and gangplank Falls once (hour wait) - that’s all. We spent nearly all night in line. We saw the lines to meet the characters and me being me I stood and counted at the Buzz line - there were over 40 people in line. Same at Jessie and Woody. We just didn’t have enough time. The last hour we spent in the lazy river and that bit was fun but I think $120 for an hour in the lazy river and 3 rides isn’t really what we expected given we were there for nearly 5 hours. We did much more in Blizzard Beach on a normal day.

We did this party last year and had a great time riding multiple times with small lines. Last night was another example of Disney over selling ticketed events.

I hate to come across as a misery guts - we did love the rides and loved being in the park at night but I like to get value for these things and I can’t help feeling ripped off.

I think I’d rather pay a few more bucks and have fewer people there to be honest.

We did grab a chicken nuggets and chips at the end so have included as this is supposed to be my food review. 😂😊😊they were standard good nuggets. (The dippin dots was closed which Eva was not impressed with.)

We were treated to a muscle man in just his tiny budgie smuggling under-crackers all the way back on the bus though. Maybe somebody stole his clothes?

Tomorrow’s review is much more positive - Cape May character breakfast and great steak at Yachtsman

Edited at 04:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

What a shame about H20 event. We did look at booking it as it had generally good reviews last year.

The LionKing Scavenger Hunt looks great. I had not heard of that.

The scooter photo is so funny. Hope your ankle is feeling a tad better😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I would have expected less people too for an after hours event. Shame it was so busy.
I’m looking forward to your review of Cape May as I have booked this to take our niece and nephew who will be 3 and 6. It’s ages since we went so I’m hoping it was good.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

The Malaysian seafood curry was my fave at yak and yeti sorry to hear it’s gone. The after hours sounds like poor value which is a shame. Your daughter looks so happy with stitch lovely photo.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

That is a very handy review of H2O, I looked to see if it was on whilst we are there the other day. Glad it wasn’t!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
The Malaysian seafood curry was my fave at yak and yeti sorry to hear it’s gone. The after hours sounds like poor value which is a shame. Your daughter looks so happy with stitch lovely photo.
I was a bit gutted it was gone ... I did full in the little suggestion card as the server said to - apparently a lot of people have asked for its return ... the noodles were nice but not as good as the curry was.

Thank you - she does love Stitch and I was so happy to pick that tee shirt up in Primark the day before we came out here 😊😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is a very handy review of H2O, I looked to see if it was on whilst we are there the other day. Glad it wasn’t!
Claudette it was a huge disappointment. Last year was great which is why we booked again and we were really excited. I don’t think we will be booking again unless I read reviews of it being less busy.

Old 26 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
What a shame about H20 event. We did look at booking it as it had generally good reviews last year.

The LionKing Scavenger Hunt looks great. I had not heard of that.

The scooter photo is so funny. Hope your ankle is feeling a tad better😊
Thanks Ruth I’m up and about the ankle so it could have been worse. It’s swollen but I can walk on it. So I won’t need gangster scooter today.

The Lion King Hunt is perfect for the kids - you could definitely let older kids do it unsupervised as it’s all in a very small space. Eva wants to do it again and collect another magnet. I think it’s good value as pins and magnets are normally around $10