Notices

Old 24 Jul 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
It is a fab location and wonderful to have the communal facilities as well as the fab villa. Also feels very secure with the gatehouse Glad you had a lovely day - Florida feels like a world away at the moment - so hope we all get back soon and no more cancellations needed!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
It is a fab location and wonderful to have the communal facilities as well as the fab villa. Also feels very secure with the gatehouse Glad you had a lovely day - Florida feels like a world away at the moment - so hope we all get back soon and no more cancellations needed!
You read it here 1st... by early next year trips to Florida will be full steam ahead again 😀👍

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

That villa looks stunning! It’s such an important part of the holiday to get right, I’m not surprised it took you a while. Ours has been booked since last September as we’re taking our niece and were very particular with what we wanted from it! It’s our first time doing a villa and with everything going on I’m so glad we’ve opted for that! Worse case scenario we spend 2 weeks there with our own pool and a little bit of exploring. After this year it sounds like heaven!

It’s so nice to be reading a pre trip again! We WILL be in Florida next summer!🤞
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
That villa looks stunning! It’s such an important part of the holiday to get right, I’m not surprised it took you a while. Ours has been booked since last September as we’re taking our niece and were very particular with what we wanted from it! It’s our first time doing a villa and with everything going on I’m so glad we’ve opted for that! Worse case scenario we spend 2 weeks there with our own pool and a little bit of exploring. After this year it sounds like heaven!

It’s so nice to be reading a pre trip again! We WILL be in Florida next summer!🤞
I spent waaaay too much time trying to find a villa. It drove me nuts but I’m happy with our choice and really looking forward to trying Windsor Hills.
You’re right though, I think the choice of villa can make a massive difference to the whole holiday. Depending on how things are we always have the option of cancelling our onsite stay and adding a villa for the 1st week too.

That’s 2 accommodations sorted so I just have three more to find... maybe 4. I don’t think I will struggle with the next 8 nights after the villa but I’m really undecided what do do with our last 6 nights. I have a bit of wait now as it’s really too early to make those bookings.

There are definitely a lack of pre-trip reports at the moment! I think I must need sectioning 😂🤣
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Following along. 👍🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Wow! I was following your last pre trip report and this one is even bigger and better!
We too were due to be in florida right now but obviously, we too have been cancelled. Not really sure what to do next because we love a deluxe disney hotel with dining and that is not happening for next year. Also, my youngest finishes her GCSEs next summer and we will let her choose the summer holiday as a reward and she currently fancies bali or the maldives (for the instagram pics I'm guessing)!
Actually thinking of a low key week in florida at Easter just to get a little fix. Cheap flights and cheap hotel and just enjoy the climate, food and shopping? Not sure. Anyway, I will be following your trip plans so if I don't get to go myself, I will just enjoy your planning! x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Following along. 👍🏼

Kat
Thanks for following. It will either be a bumpy road or a complete car crash
Old 26 Jul 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
Wow! I was following your last pre trip report and this one is even bigger and better!
We too were due to be in florida right now but obviously, we too have been cancelled. Not really sure what to do next because we love a deluxe disney hotel with dining and that is not happening for next year. Also, my youngest finishes her GCSEs next summer and we will let her choose the summer holiday as a reward and she currently fancies bali or the maldives (for the instagram pics I'm guessing)!
Actually thinking of a low key week in florida at Easter just to get a little fix. Cheap flights and cheap hotel and just enjoy the climate, food and shopping? Not sure. Anyway, I will be following your trip plans so if I don't get to go myself, I will just enjoy your planning! x
I decided I had to go big for next year to get rid of the disappointment of this year. The only slight silver lining is knowing that a i type this post we would have been on that horrible final day in Florida and planning our journey for the airport to get home.

Next year must be difficult with exams etc. Fortunately (or unfortunately) Chloe should have done her A Levels this year and obviously we have many years before Emma or Benjamin will be doing theirs.

We talked about what to do next year a lot. We loved the Maldives and I have always loved the Caribbean and cruises there but nothing can quite match Disney etc for the age of our kids at the moment. We discussed possibly doing some parts of Asia along with Australia but we could never build the same level of enthusiasm. I think we are just desperate to take the kids to Disney again... really looking forward to next year with them both being big enough for the majority of the rides. It hurt me a little booking a moderate for next year rather than a deluxe but without the dining plan they are extortionate and I just don't think they are THAT good. CBR has already cost us a good £2k more than this years YC due to needing an extra room. If the DDP situation changes then I will just reassess at that point.

It's probably pretty obvious from my pre-trip reports so far that I love the planning too

I've just found what I think is a pretty decent price for our Las Vegas hotel for this trip but I'm not sure as I'm out of touch with prices having not been there for about 10-12 years. It would mean paying about £350 deposit so i think I am going to sit tight for more companies to release the room so I can find something with free cancellation. Tempted though as it is almost £500 less than I had penciled into my very rough initial budgets

Edited at 02:51 PM.
Old 15 Aug 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So our outbound flight for the trip was released today so our return flight should be available in 29 days. I usually book on release day and it worked well for our cancelled 2020 trip. However, I think I will have to wait a little longer this time for our internal flight from Florida to Las Vegas to become available. i definitely want to book the fights and car hires as one package in the current climate.

In better news... or more risky news I have booked a 3 night stay for Sally and I to Prague. We have booked a package with BA. This is to replace the trip we should have gone on in March which was Sally's 40th present.

We initially booked via Lastminute.com flying with Ryanair but I vowed not to book with them again due to their shambolic customer service despite eventually getting a full refund. I know this is my Florida pre-trip report but we are very excited about this trip so just posting a few details. It will be the first time Sally and I have been away for more than a night without the kids since Emma was born nearly 6 years ago.

We have had to fly from LHR to go with BA which is a bit of shame as we live 10 minutes from Stansted.

We fly on 10th September and return on 13th September.

We are staying at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Prague which is the same hotel we had booked for March. Any emails I have sent them have always been promptly replied to and it gets fairly decent reviews on Tripadvisor and is in a decent location within walking distance of everything we want.

We have booked to shoo some guns at Top Gun Prague. We have chosen The Full Monty Package where we get to shoot loads of different guns. We had this booked for March and as soon as the Czech Republic closed their borders back in March the company emailed me telling me the money would be back on my card in 48 hours without me even having to contact them. I vowed to give them my business again when they could. They collect us from the hotel, has lunch included and they transport us back to our hotel.

It's not something we've done before but should be good fun and a bit of healthy competition between us. If Sally beats me i will never hear the end of it. I should probably get an eye test before I go but been putting it off for ages. I may just leep that in my bacl pocket as a ready made excuse though

We have booked a couple of restaurants and will play the rest by ear with more than a few beers along with cocktails on the itinerary.

Now we just need both borders to stay open and no quarantine measures added as it has been a real struggle to get the time off work. I have had to call in far too many favours just to get those few days off!

If the worst happens we have booked with BA so know we can get a voucher to re-plan or just use it towards Florida.
Old 13 Nov 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Having said this trip won't be cancelled... it has been.

We just aren't willing to do our biggest (and most expensive) trip in the current climate, We feel that even if the vaccines come good things won't quite be back to normal in 2021.

I'm working on getting our Disney £300 back and other than a £1 deposit for The Venetian in Vegas we have got everything back.

The Wife has forced me to spend lots of money at home instead carpets, sofas, furniture, car etc.

There will be a new pre trip report from us at some point soon. It will either be a last minute 2 week trip this Summer if conditions surprise us or, more likely, a 3-4 week trip in Summer 2022.

Best of luck to everyone on their 2021 trips. I will be following along enviously!