Old 5 Jul 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Following along. I need some 2021 pre trip report positivity in my life. I never thought planning for Disney could become even more complicated 😂
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
So pleased to see a new 2021 pre trippie! We have moved ours to next July, so reading a new pre trip report folks me with positivity and excitement! Keep the updates coming 😀
I need to have some positivity and I’m determined to remain that way for as long as possible about 2021!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Our booking finally linked so we’ve reserved all our park days. I haven’t done Mum and Dad as we still haven’t added them to our booking but given that there was one time slot for each park which is essentially open to close I’m not overly worried. I still think we may end up at the Dolphin anyway because Disney will need to either offer free dining or a significant room discount.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
A wee bit of planning chat! I may very well end up with versions 1 & 2 given that our resort choice isn’t definite yet. Version 1 will be a Dolphin stay and Version 2 will be a Disney with some sort of dining plan stay. There could be a version 3 but let’s leave that just now!

Based on Version 1 we were chatting tonight about possibly taking advantage of Orlando Magical Dining Month again and going to Sharks Underwater Grill in SeaWorld. For anyone who does know every year in September (although I think it starts August) there are several restaurants in the area that offer a 3 course menu for $35. There are usually 2-4 options for each course. With Sharks you also get free parking at SeaWorld and access to the theme park after your reservation until closing. We did it the last couple of years and although last year wasn’t brilliant it was still enjoyable and with Mum & Dad coming it will give them a chance to visit SeaWorld albeit briefly.

Trip Report Index
Old 9 Jul 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love all the changes you've made so far! That's the best part of the planning. Also fab that your parents want to come along for another trip too. My DH is 50 next year too, so great for you both that you get to visit wdw when you and it turns 50

I can't wait to see how the trip ends up and I'm looking forward to all your planning updates

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love all the changes you've made so far! That's the best part of the planning. Also fab that your parents want to come along for another trip too. My DH is 50 next year too, so great for you both that you get to visit wdw when you and it turns 50

I can't wait to see how the trip ends up and I'm looking forward to all your planning updates
Thanks! There will be more changes to come - especially since we have two hotels booked . As you say, planning is half the fun!

I’m keeping everything crossed that we both get to visit for our 50th year!

I’m so sorry that you had to cancel this year. I know we did too but we made that decision so long ago that it doesn’t feel the same as those who were hoping to still go. I definitely think a delay to next year is the best thing. I can’t wait to start reading trip reports again!

Trip Report Index
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great to see such a positive outlook.
We’re hoping to go next September too, we’ve already cancelled our October holiday to Lanzarote and are now going to Orlando next May so hopefully 2 Orlando holidays next year.
I’m looking forward to reading along and seeing all your plans.
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great to see such a positive outlook.
We’re hoping to go next September too, we’ve already cancelled our October holiday to Lanzarote and are now going to Orlando next May so hopefully 2 Orlando holidays next year.
I’m looking forward to reading along and seeing all your plans.
Fingers crossed you get to go in May! I feel like it’s so hard to predict.

Trip Report Index
Old 5 Sep 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
A very tenuous link to the holiday here but it’s positive news so I’m posting .

We’re getting a puppy! Hopefully mid October we will be the proud co-owners of an Irish Setter puppy!

Still trying to decide on a name

We each write up names and score out the ones we don’t agree on.

So this is linked to the holiday because we’ll need to arrange pet sitting for Captain Katherine Janeway!

Trip Report Index
Old 5 Sep 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
A very tenuous link to the holiday here but it’s positive news so I’m posting .

We’re getting a puppy! Hopefully mid October we will be the proud co-owners of an Irish Setter puppy!

Still trying to decide on a name

We each write up names and score out the ones we don’t agree on.

So this is linked to the holiday because we’ll need to arrange pet sitting for Captain Katherine Janeway!
Aah they are gorgeous! My Nan used to have red setter, her name was Amber
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Still not holiday related - our flights are still a few weeks from being released - but I thought I’d post a pupdate :d.

Little rebel Princess Leia joined our family last night.

Trip Report Index