Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Sep 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Lol! Do it, not expecting free dining to come back but i want the option to have it as a paid add on, as long as it's no dearer as before. I like the covenience of it.
I'm with you on this one. Hoping to at least be able to pay to add it on for Aug 21.

Seen news recently of discounts for USA guests, I think Disney is struggling to even pull in enough people to reach reduced capacity at the moment.

Hoping for some offer to tempt Brits back once boarders are open again.
I know we only make up a small percentage of guets but we're known for spending big when we're there, you know splashing the cash because its a 'once in a lifetime' holiday, then come back and do the same a couple of years later
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
I'm with you on this one. Hoping to at least be able to pay to add it on for Aug 21.

Seen news recently of discounts for USA guests, I think Disney is struggling to even pull in enough people to reach reduced capacity at the moment.

Hoping for some offer to tempt Brits back once boarders are open again.
I know we only make up a small percentage of guets but we're known for spending big when we're there, you know splashing the cash because its a 'once in a lifetime' holiday, then come back and do the same a couple of years later
This is my hope for free dining!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
This is my hope for free dining!
If they are struggling they may have to bring it back if they like it or not.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

If my dining is free it means i'll be spending more on merch and that stuff is expensive!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Can’t understand why they’re cancelling paid for dining plans so far in advance. Who knows what the situation is going to be next year.

It’s like Disney don’t want guests spending their money there. No dining plan (free or paid for) that’s us in a cheap Disney resort eating a lot more off site. We’ll probably do a split stay now with universal.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Can’t understand why they’re cancelling paid for dining plans so far in advance. Who knows what the situation is going to be next year.

It’s like Disney don’t want guests spending their money there. No dining plan (free or paid for) that’s us in a cheap Disney resort eating a lot more off site. We’ll probably do a split stay now with universal.
They might decide to reinstate it, who knows. And it's easier to reinstate something if the need is there than it is to take it away if the need is not there.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Wasn't there a new category on the dining plan shortly before Covid hit? If so they must feel there is the need or demand and money to be made. They will be back when safety needs can be met, more dining areas open up and park attendance goes up.

Edited at 06:25 PM.
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Wasn't there a new category on the dining plan shortly before Covid hit? If so they must feel there is the need or demand and money to be made. They will be back when safety needs can be met, more dining areas open up and park attendance goes up.
Yes there was, which was between standard ddp and deluxe ddp. It was called ddp plus, whereas the ddp was 1 table and 1 quick serve, the new one was 2 credits that could be table or quick serve, your choice

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List