Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Prefer TUI because the service in PE was great on the Dreamliner and they fly into Sanford. From landing to getting in the car it took only 40 mins with a nice relaxing drive. We don't like MCO because of the double drop and the massive queues at Immigration.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We have only ever flown TC to Orlando and our last trip was to MCO. The earlier years was Sanford. We have booked to go again this year and doing TUI premium. I personally don't mind and actually prefer Sanford airport to MCO. For the duration it takes to go through Sanford airport your on the road enjoying the views with aircon as aposed to being in mco stuck in massive queues to get through immergration for a couple of hours. We have always had the same time flying out and have always reached our hotel at the same time regardless of which airport.
Looking forward to the dreamlike though!
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin68uk
Helping Minnie

I would never fly into Sanford again, too far from Disney after a long flight and you only need one accident or roadworks on the I95 to cause chaos. I have flown both and next year have voted for TC and it was also much cheaper.
kevin68uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve flown both airlines in premium, though yet to fly the Tui Dreamliner, something that will be changing in just 8 days. I’d rate Tui PE slightly better than TC PE, with the priority security and lounge access both ways and it’s 38” legroom. Last but by no means least, it’s a Dreamliner and I had my best ever flight experience last year on a Virgin Dreamliner in PE to LAX.

And, yes, Sanford. Sanford over MCO. Sanford is smaller, faster to get though and hence quicker to hit the road on arrival. It’s a pretty desolate place to spend time on departure mind, but PE lounge access eases that situation. I’ve found that from landing to check-in at your hotel there’s no real difference between SFB & MCO, unless you hit one of MCO’s half hour wait on the tarmac followed by a packed immigration hall, in which case Sanford is a winner hands down!

Make no mistake none of these advantages Tui has over TC are big, I prefer smaller faster Sanford though it is more distant, I prefer the Dreamliner but it’s onky 9 hours so that’s no dealbreaker, same with 3” extra legroom and the security and lounge. But when you add all those small advantages together what I think you get is a truly premium experience with Tui.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
prefer Sanford and TUI, we take the toll road , its quiet and lets DH get acclimatised to the roads before the traffic hits in orlando

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I really enjoyed TUI premium when we went in April, in fact I would say it was better than many Virgin PE flights in recent years. Sanford was really quick as others have said, we flew on a Friday so the roads weren't great but it would have been the same from MCO.
The lounge access, fast track security were all included which normally we would pay for but the one thing that really stuck out for me was the fact they asked everyone in the premium cabin what main course they would like so that everyone got something they liked. I have been on Virgin so many times where I haven't had a meal as what is left is something i don't like.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Well I flew Tui on its Dreamliner to Sanford on Tuesday and would absolutely confirm it stands up to Virgins Dreamliner PE. There’s nothing in it seat comfort wise between the two, Virgins wider claimed dimensions are in fact marginal. If anything I’d rate the Tui food slightly better, entertainment slightly worse.

Tui is far better on the ground with PE including security fast track that put us straight through and lounge access that was both comfortable and convenient. I much prefer the Escape lounge Tui uses to the next door Aspire lounge. Virgin offers neither priority security nor lounge access to its PE customers, though it does offer a higher luggage allowance. Finally, Tui flies into Sanford. Literally we were in our pre-booked car transfer within 30 mins of landing at SFB. MCO never manages anything like that efficiency.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Mobile

There isn’t much in them. I agree Dreamliner is better.. I’ve flown British Airways first on the Dreamliner. But that’s another story. Was out of this world.
MCO v Sanford. No brainer.
Sanford is an awful airport.
Premium is generally similar with most carriers

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I prefer TC’s online booking process as you can see which seats are available and select them before you hit the ‘confirm and pay’ button. With TUI there’s a risk there might only be single seats available in the PE cabin and as you’ve paid there’s no opportunity to change your mind and maybe alter the day of your flight to secure seats together.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List