Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Feb 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am sad to report that even with a basic BA ticket you will still get the food 🤣 I look forward to the review .

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
I am sad to report that even with a basic BA ticket you will still get the food 🤣 I look forward to the review .
it did say on the terms of the 'basic' when I booked it that it was hand baggage only, no seat selection and no food and drink. The terms may have changed from when they first launched it or maybe it was connected with the BA sale price?

That said, if they have meals left over I'm sure they'll be glad to get rid of one. If offered I promise to eat and review it unless it's mushrooms

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy - can't wait already. Thankfully I have some work travel to distract me before then. Need to get the rest of my previews up though - a lot on at the moment
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 09:18 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have booked the same basic fare Ł290 return Gla-Gtw-Mco so look forward to the review to see what’s offered 😂

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
loving this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
I have booked the same basic fare Ł290 return Gla-Gtw-Mco so look forward to the review to see what’s offered 😂
Review (or not) to follow on that one. Never been to Glasgow it is on my list though. Flew Virgin this week with work, the meal is so much better than BA. And the snacks... if anyone is going Virgin get the Jo&sephs gourmet popcorn. The salted caramel is fab i.e. actually tastes of it for once. Surprisingly the cheese on toast flavour is even better IMO (sort of sweet and cheesy, crunchy and a little bit peppery = great)

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
loving this x
Ah thanks, glad you're enjoying. Plenty more nonsense to follow then the food reviews of course
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
In response to no popular demand whatsover, the Harry Porker story continues and some more restaurant previews.

Chapter 3 - Shopping with Ms Grazer

‘Harry, wah gwaan?’ The female voice heckled him from the alley between the Doughnut shop, AlakaJAM! and Superboots & Drugwitch (Wizarding chemists since 1987). Next to some bins stood Hermione Grazer, the coolest person Harry knew and someone he had a massive crush on.

Changing direction to make it look less like he was about to buy a Doughnut (3 if you must know), Harry walked up to Superboots doorway before stopping and turning to face his ideal woman. ‘Narthings going orrnn’ he responded awkwardly in an accent which moved around the Atlantic for a while before settling on Somerset.

‘Cool, well I wouldn’t lean on that bin it’s nasty’. She looked him up and down in a way that Harry wasn’t sure was all positive. Still, at least she was talking to him. Harry wiped a mysterious red gunk off his coat. ‘It's reet cold int it?’ he offered before giving up on trying to sound cool. ‘How come you’re shopping in Watford? I thought you never went outside the M25.’

‘I’m doing the studio tour. But it’s not open yet so I’m buying sunscreen.’ Hermione explained. ‘I’m off to Universal for a conference the week after Easter.’ She sighed and threw back her hair in a way that made Harry deeply uncomfortable. ‘Probably work work work. But at least I can sunbathe over the weekend. C’mon, let’s get a doughnut.’

Harry’s heart was doing cartwheels as he followed Hermione into AlakaJAM! She may not know it yet but they would be at Universal at the same time.

Wah gwaan Ron Wotsit? Nailed it!

Restaurants and why I/we picked them: Pt 2 (Universal & CityWalk)

Time for the next round of previews:

The Ivy Brasserie (Pre-Travel day)
Wagamama, Gatwick Airport (Travel)
BA ClubWorld (DW) / Snacks (HP) (Travel)
Arby’s (Travel)
Cinnabon
Panda Express
Vivo Italian Kitchen
Voodoo Doughnut
Cowfish
Islands Dining Room
NBC Grill and Brew
Simpsons/Cletus Chicken Shack
Three Broomsticks

Longhorn Steakhouse
Cheesecake Factory
Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Benihana
Steak n Shake
Texas de Brazil

Let’s face it, there are two types of people who visit the US. Those who love Cinnabon and those who are not an elevated risk for type 2 diabetes. I am firmly in the first camp and would probably enjoy one daily for breakfast if given the opportunity before being lowered heavily into an icing-lined grave (sorry, it got a little dark there). Anyway I like Cinnabon as you may have gathered
The iced coffee is pretty good too

I also plan to try and squeeze in a lunch at the CityWalk Panda Express. Mid-priced Chinese is a hobby and having missed this food court staple on previous trips I plan to use the freedom to pick all my own holiday lunches to hit up the panda for Orange Chicken, noodles and the like. I also love that the full name of the chain is Panda Express - Gourmet Chinese Food (really?) so presumably I need to review it against the same criteria as Morimoto Asia
Gourmet Chinese Food? Warning, restaurant name contains Marketing

Next up is Vivo Italian Kitchen. Somehow I let DW talk me out of going here last year in favour of the fancy but ultimately disappointing Bice. VIK seems to get consistently excellent reviews for quality and value so it will get the DW Italian treatment and we’ll see how it does. The menu looks decent anyway.
Stand back, I'm a Porker

We will of course be back to Voodoo Doughnut to sample more of their delights
How do you choose? I mean How. Do. You. Choose!

Cowfish will be a first time visit. DW not big into burgers or sushi and DD only dared to try raw fish on the last trip so I’m looking forward to a solo lunchtime visit. Quite fancy this at the moment but it might change by the time we get there.

Fusion Specialty Bento Box
A combo meal featuring both burger and sushi, including a mini-burger with American cheese, pickles and chopped red onion, sweet potato fries, Thai cucumbers, edamame and choice of a 4 piece Fusion Specialty roll (Mark's, Firecracker or The Boss) or 3 pieces of mixed Nigiri (tuna, salmon, shrimp)

With the Mark's Roll option (Fresh tuna, jalapeńo, cream cheese, kani, scallions inside, coated with panko and flash fried. Topped with Japanese mayo and sriracha. Served with ponzu dipping sauce)
Some stunning looking and sounding food on the menu (one of the Bento combo boxes)

Staying in the Royal Pacific I’m sure DW and I will eat there at some point albeit with Emeril’s having closed the restaurants there don’t seem that tempting. The Islands Dining Room for a weekend breakfast together looks like the most likely option.

NBC Sports Grill and Brew on CityWalk is the sort of place that I have to talk fast to get DW into. Is it a sports bar? Well I wouldn’t really call it a Sports Bar How many screens does it have? er they do a good calamari dish. Hopefully we’ll make it here for a few lively Saturday night drinks as the menu does look pretty decent.

Back in the parks, I’m keen to eat at the Simpson’s Fast Food Boulevard to give it the proper name. Specifically I fancy trying Cletus’ Chicken Shack, probably the greatest fried chicken outlet ever to be based on a fictional, cartoon redneck. The chicken and waffle sandwich (Double Battered, extra crispy fried chicken breast between two waffles with maple syrup mayo & tater tots) is an obvious choice. I also need to get one of these obviously:

Finally, having not yet had a meal in the Harry Potter lands I’m planning breakfast at the 3 Broomsticks. The pancakes maybe...

A true Porker would order one of each

That’s it for now, off-site restaurants will come later
Harry's search for the perfect snack will return
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 03:19 PM.
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

So looking forward to this trip report. I’m definitely in the regular trips to Cinnabon camp
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Really looking forward to your report.
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another fab update! All your food and restaurant choices are spot on. 😇 🍕 🍱 🍩 🍻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
brilliant again! there are two camps in our house too... me that loves Cinabon (specially the pecan one ) and DD who absolutely hates anything remotely related to cinnamon. I don't get there very often
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List