Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
I think I would have expected less people too for an after hours event. Shame it was so busy.
I’m looking forward to your review of Cape May as I have booked this to take our niece and nephew who will be 3 and 6. It’s ages since we went so I’m hoping it was good.
It’s coming up shortly .. spoiler - we loved it.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sunday - Cape May breakfast and Yachtsman Steakhouse

Today was a brilliant food day - everything we ate was superb.

We started the day with a 9am ADR at Cape May. I really struggled getting Eva up today so we had to get an uber over to beach club. The breakfast is hosted by Minnie and friends - Donald, Daisy and Goofy.

The food is buffet style but they also have an omelette station where you can get made to order eggs or omelettes.

Cool frame to do selfies and photos on check in ...

They have a huge food selection and it isn’t loud or busy like some character experiences which makes it our favourite.

The stations are : eggs bacon and sausage stuff including poached eggs and frittata, salmon and cream cheese with accompaniments, loads of pastries (donut holes are great I ate 4!) loads of fresh fruit and yoghurts then the pancakes and French toast bit. So lots of choice but it’s the standard stuff. And then the omelettes which are delicious.

I started with a Bloody Mary and they also bring you a whole pot of coffee. Be careful if you ask for water - they tried to bring me chargeable bottled water when I’d asked for tap - they were fine and took it away when I asked them to. The server was very helpful and regularly checked on us and advised on when characters were coming.

Here’s some photos of our plates - I thought I had the omelette but can’t find the photo.

Eva recommends making a breakfast burrito with the tortilla wraps, eggs and sausage.

I give this character meal a 10/10. The food is fresh and plentiful and the omelettes are a nice change. I like that you get a full coffee pot and they offer a Bloody Mary as well as the usual mimosa. It’s less crowded and quieter than say Chef Mickey or 1900 Park Fare. The characters spend longer at each table - we saw each of them twice. Goody was hilarious pretending to trash the restaurant, playing with all the kids toys, annoying the servers... he was great fun. It’s just how a character meal should be.

Eva got to meet Donald who is her fave - he started service with a hat but lost it along the way. I think he gave it to one of the kids.

If you are looking for a less stressful less rushed experience then I highly recommend this one.

We then hopped on a boat to meet my friend and her daughter at Hollywood Studios and we had fastpasses booked so spent the morning there. I did partake in a few research cocktails ..

This is a vodka strawberry lemonade and is gorgeous. I got this from the stand next to the one that sells num num cookies near the incredibles bit. Cane in at just over $10

I also got a red berry rum slushie in the Fairfax bit but again I can’t locate the photo ... it looks like the one above though. It too was very tasty. The kids had some frozen snacks ..

It was super hot yesterday so once we had completed the fastpasses we decided to go to the pool at French Quarter and partake in the wine and vodka from my fridge.

We had a super afternoon by the pool.

Dinner was at Yachtsman at the Yacht Club. I’ve never eaten a bad meal here - it is a bit formal and pretend stuffy in there but I really like it. The staff are super professional and I think it’s goos to see the same staff in there year after year and it’s nice to be recognised and have a chat. Eva always feels special here.

First up those onion and sourdough rolls with the roasted garlic. Best bread service on property. If you haven’t tried them - you’re missing out 😊😊😊

Eva loves these and this year she tried the garlic not just butter. We cleared the lot with our soup.

Appetisers - for Eva an adult portion of chicken noodle soup for me lobster bisque which had lobster biscuit in it - this was heavenly. It’s real comfort food. I could happily sit at home on a winter night with a trough of this soup coupled with a job lot of the onion rolls and roast garlic.

Main course for Eva was meatballs and spaghetti from the kids menu. They made it an adult portion for her but she did have to ask twice for more sauce as it was a bit dry. She said it was really tasty and she ate most of it.

I had the 8oz filet with cognac truffle butter (they don’t do red wine sauce any more) and my side was buttery smooth silky mashed potato. This was perfect in every way. I ate the whole lot. I’m dreaming about it right now as I’m writing.

We decided to have dessert tonight. Eva chose the Mickey puzzle which is white chocolate with edible paint and 3 chocolate chip cookies.

She enjoyed doing the painting and ate the cookies. She hates white chocolate though so left the finished artwork behind.

I chose the cookies and cream bar with peanut butter ice cream. This was great especially the ice cream with nuts. I couldn’t eat all of it as I was stuffed but it was really fit.

We really did enjoy our tea. To put it into perspective - this was 2 credits on dining plan. The suggested tip was $26. Making it cheaper than than the farce at Be Our Guest the other night. Crazy.

If you want a decent steak with excellent service you won’t go wrong with Yachtsman.

Today’s food is early lunch at Tuskers and the rescheduled dinner at California Grill. I think. It depends on her majesty getting ready on time!

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad to read you enjoyed Cape May I’m really looking forward to it. The Yachtsman looks lovely too. You certainly had a good food day 😋
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

H2O sounds a bit of a wash out. Overselling these exclusive events seems a bit of a theme these days.
Cape May and yachtsman both look fabulous.
We’d avoided the yachtsman for years but loved our visit this time.
How’s your ankle?
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Yachtsman is one of our few OOP TS meals so happy to see another great review. The lobster bisque is lovely.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yachtsman and Cape May both look really good Glad your ankles getting better too
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
H2O sounds a bit of a wash out. Overselling these exclusive events seems a bit of a theme these days.
Cape May and yachtsman both look fabulous.
We’d avoided the yachtsman for years but loved our visit this time.
How’s your ankle?
Loads better today - managed a morning dashing around Animal Kingdom - it’s very swollen but I won’t die 🤪😊

Old 26 Aug 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Both cape may and yachtsman look lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Cape May and YC look great. If we had still been on ddp when staying at YC then we would of definitely tried it out. Pleased your ankle is getting better and Evie is enjoying herself 😊😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The Yachtsman is one of our few OOP TS meals so happy to see another great review. The lobster bisque is lovely.
Second fave so far after M. Paul