Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile Day 2

We had wanted to get to MK for EMH but didn't wake till 7.15am, I popped to the food court while the kids got ready and filled our mugs and grabbed some beignets to share back in the room. 1xSC, they were very nice but couldn't eat 3 to myself.

We got to MK for 9, had a little look round the shops and a quick ride on magic carpet befor heading to Crystal Palace for our 10am breakfast reservation paid OOP $131 for 3 adults plus tip $24.60. Had a nice time and meeting the characters was good with Tigger being the most fun dont think we'd go again as the cost I feel for what you get is not worth it.
Zacs 1st plate, sausage, bacon, croissant, choc croissant.

Zacs 2nd plate more croissants

Zacs 3rd plate bacon

Followed by ice cream

Freyas 1st plate, bacon, cheese, choc croissant, pancake and a very dry bagel which didn't get eaten.

Followed by ice cream.

My first plate, eggs, smoked salmon, sausage, bacon and breakfast potatoes, I enjoyed all of this and this I got a second plate of this rather than the sweet plate I had next.

My 2nd plate, fruit, mickey waffle with syrup, French toast, cinnamon bun and breakfast lasagne. The breakfast lasagne was awful and only had a small bite was sweet and stodgy not nice at all. The rest wall all fine but think the strawberries were the nicest on this plate.

The server was attentive, never having to ask for refills on the drinks and kept checking we were ok and explaining that the characters would be back after their break, we did no this but helpful for those who don't know how it works.
A good filling meal but won t be back. Zac also got a cupcake and card just before the bill came which was nice. We took the cake with us but it ended up in the bin the next day.

Through the day we used SC on coke and water, after watching the parade we made our way to Main street bakery on the way out for 2x choc chip frap and 1x strawberrie acai which was very refreshing and much needed.

After a rest we headed to Disney Springs for dinner and chose Polite Pig, I was really looking forward to this after reading lots of positive things but we were all disappointed.
We went for the butcher board which is 2xQS and has cornbread, coleslaw, chicken, cheese sausage, brisket, pork, mac and cheese and waffle fries. I tried a bit of everything and the chicken and brisket were the best, Freya had the fries and tried the mac and cheese, chicken which she had most of, had 1 bite of brisket and sausage but didn't like them. Zac tried the sausage and brisket and described it as food cooked in gunpowder, he only ate the mac and cheese. I'm glad we went and pleased the kids did try some of the food but won t be back.

After a look round the shops we went to Ghirardelli for 3 x 1 scoop Ice cream for 1xQS
2x cookie dough 1x vanilla

These were lovely and will be back for some more treats.
Not the most successful in food for us a family today but everything we've tried have been on our list of places to visit.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Will be following. Looks like a good start to your trip! Staying at FQ next year- can’t wait to see what you guys have for inspiration 😊
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Will be following. Looks like a good start to your trip! Staying at FQ next year- can’t wait to see what you guys have for inspiration 😊
Thanks for reading, we are loving FQ and is definitely somewhere we hope to stay again.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

We have just got in after completing the 4parks 1day challenge, didn't think we would manage to complete it as we got up late again but we did. Very tired but enjoyed the day not sure I'd do it again anytime soon but have discussed doing every ride at MK in a day challenge.

Hope to update with so e more food in the morning.
Old 26 Oct 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start! The beignets are the reason I’m checking daily for POFQ to show up so we can switch!
Shame about Polite Pig. We enjoyed it although my sister felt there was only one menu item that appealed to her.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Enjoying reading your reports and all the photos. Thanks for posting while your on your hols.
Old 26 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile Day 3

Had breakfast in the hotel this morning, we had 2x choc chip pancakes one with bacon and one with sausage 2xQS, I wanted to swap the drinks for fruit but the kids both wanted cinnamon buns which didn't get eaten till the next day.
The pancakes are huge but very tasty and it was far too much food again for us so suggested that if we order again we will get 1 between 3 of us as you get 3 pancakes with an adult serving.

We headed off to Typhoon lagoon today and had great fun in the waves, lazy river and the raft rides so no photos of the food but the kids both had a nuggets meal, 1 with fries which they shared and 1 with apple which I ate as I wasn't hungry after the huge pancakes we had for breakfast. 2xQS
We then shared a small cookies and cream dipping dots 1xSC, these were lovely and though not the biggest portion was plenty for the kids to share and me to have a taste.

After freshening up back at the hotel we headed off to AK where we had great fun on the rides, this was my favourite park last time and though I still like it in not sure it's my favourite now.
We went to Yak&Yeti counter 3x QS and ordered burger meal with fries and coke for Zac which he enjoyed.

hot dog meal with fries and choclate milk for Freya, she only ate the hot dog and Zac are her fries

I had the honey chicken with rice and still lemonaid this was really nice and could have eaten another portion, it was fresh full of flavour and the drink refreshing.

I forgot that American lemonaid is still and so glad I ordered this as it reminded me that I could get still drinks from the freestyle machine at the hotel.

We visited Pandora and after the rides I got a night blossom drink had a water 2xSC Zac also tried some but we didn't finish this as we both found the mix of flavours a bit strange i think it's the pear flavour that we didn't like and boba balls are just very odd.

It looks very pretty though, not that my phone takes the best photos at night.
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Had planned on 4park challenge today but we are all wiped out after the past few fun filled days, I'm feeling a little unwell and think it may be due to the aircon blasting even though I keep turning it off Zac wants it back on all the time.
Freya and I shared one of the cinnamon buns from yesterday and Zac had the other.

After chilling in the room till about 10 and then headed to the food court. Zac had the ham and cheese omelette which comes with bacon sausage and breakfast potatoes 1xQS, he only likes potato in chip form so just had the bacon, we swapped the drink for carrot and celery with ranch for me and Freya had bignets 1xSC by the time we got back to the table Zac had almost finished so didn't get a good picture of what he had, he said it was nice but greasy.
Freya ate 1 and a half of the bignets and Zac finished them.

We headed back to the room and I fell asleep for about 1.5hrs and felt much better for it.
We then made our way to Epcot with the intention of trying food and wine offerings.
We had 2 frozen lemonade these were very refreshing. 2xSC

We got the smoked corned beef from flavours of fire 1xSC and I really liked it and would have again it was a generous portion and filling. It was crisps with pulled beef and beer cheese sauce, Zac like the crisps, Freya didn't like any of it.

Then to Active eats for the loaded mac and cheese 1xSC this had a bit of a kick to it but I'm a wimp where spice is concerned wouldn't have it again.

The kids were then demanding food rather than snacks from food and wine so I took them to sunshine seasons and they both had the pizza meal 2xQS Zac with cheetos and Freya with the pasta salad they both enjoyed all of this.

We then continued round World showcase and it was really busy considering it was a Wednesday evening, we only had one more of the offerings as I just wasn't hungry, we had the waffle from Belgium 1xSC and it was lovely shared between the 3 of us.

When we got to Karamell-kuche we got 3 snacks, I did ask to exchange a quick service but she put it through as 3xSC we had milk choc salted caramel, this was nibbled on throughout the evening and was nice, caramel apple was difficult to eat even cut up and the Apple was very sour and ended up I the bin 2 days later and a packet of chewy worthers.
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile Day 4

Headed off to MK around an hour later than planned but not only did we make our first FP we also managed to squeeze in a visit to main street bakery for drinks 2x choc chip frap and a strawberry acai for 1xQS.

After riding buzz, space mountain, people mover and carousel of progress we visited Cheshire cafe for a Cheshire cat tail 1xSC shared between 3 and was lovely and chocolatey,

we then went to Gastons and swapped 1xQS for cinnamon bun, Lefous brew and a coke, the bun was as good as everyone says and plenty for 3 to share, Lefous brew we did not like it was far too sweet even for Zac who consumes far too much sugar for 1 person.

After some more rides including Tiki room which we hadn't seen before and I loved it, just made me laugh and smile the whole time, back to Casey's for 1xQS for Mac and cheese hotdog and fries and a coke and ice water for Freya and Zac to share. I used mobile order for this and clicked I am here when we were 2 mins walk away so had minimum wait.

Once we got back to the hotel I got Chicken Alfredo pasta for me and a choclate milk for Freya. The pasta was lovely and Freya ended up eating half of it with me I was still hungry after my daughter eating half my lunch so I finished the carrot sticks from yesterday.

We went to HS in the evening and got dinner from backlot express, I would not eat here again as I just didn't enjoy the food. I really fancied a burger so we got 2x bacon cheeseburger and fries for Zac and myself, it was really dry and tasteless but we were hungry and it filled a hole and 1x chicken nuggets with choclate milk for Freya who ate about 5 chips and half a nugget, we put it in a to go box but it just ended up in the bin.

They also have us 2 free cupcakes as we had to wait 1 min for our food after using mobile order.
Mobile order was great in MK but HS does not seem to have as good Wi-Fi and it drops out constantly but that being said I would recommend it for use in those places that do offer it.
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoying your report so far. Thank you.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List