Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 9 Jun 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

USA travel information one place thread ?

We are booked and hoping to travel to LA in October and currently a little confused by which travel restrictions currently apply and I don't think i'm the only one.

There's the UK 14 day quarantine, the currently only 13 USA airports accepting international flights apparently, ESTA program suspended, Some airlines announced when schedules will start and some not, and i'm not sure what the current restrictions are for entering the USA.

There is also the danger of repeating all this info depending on whether you are in the Disneyland or the Disneyworld planning forums.

I think it would be helpful (definately for me anyway) if there was one thread where anyone hoping to travel to the USA this year could access all relevant travel information.

So if anyone has any up to date and accurate information, would be great to see it here and if there's a better place for this thread please move

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

As its 2 countries i suggest...

FCO (UK) & DHS (USA)

Disney332
Old 13 Jun 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

I saw on another thread Trump is due to look at international travel restrictions on the 16th June, anyone got any other news to add ?

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
I saw on another thread Trump is due to look at international travel restrictions on the 16th June, anyone got any other news to add ?
Haven't heard anything about that. It was just announced that the border lockdown with Canada has been extended another month to at least 21 July.
Basically, the US borders are closed to non-essential visitors, with a very few exceptions. A handful of airports are accepting those few people. Trump controls the borders via the Dept of Homeland Security. Strong input is given from the Centers for Disease Control.
If and when the borders are open to visitors, it will likely be determined at that time whether there will be a quarantine.
As posted above, the Dept of Homeland Security website will probably have the most updated travel information of anyone, as far as the USA.
Some of us here have fun guessing about the probable easing of border restrictions.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We are booked and hoping to travel to LA in October and currently a little confused by which travel restrictions currently apply and I don't think i'm the only one.
In summary, currently you can't fly to the USA; UK and European visitors are banned. FCO advise that you should not travel abroad unless essential. Those arriving into the UK should isolate for 14 days.

No one knows for certain when the above will change in the future.

How's that?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Also it would be useful for people to specify which country either UK or Ireland, they are posting about. They are 2 separate countries and what applies to one may not apply to the other.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
In summary, currently you can't fly to the USA; UK and European visitors are banned. FCO advise that you should not travel abroad unless essential. Those arriving into the UK should isolate for 14 days.

No one knows for certain when the above will change in the future.

How's that?
Kind of knew what was the case in the here and now, i was more hoping people would update when there was any fresh news or information released

Paul
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Kind of knew what was the case in the here and now, i was more hoping people would update when there was any fresh news or information released
Ah, ok. You said which restrictions currently apply so...

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List