Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jul 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile Paid DDP 21 will it come back ?

Do you think a paid DDP will return for next year ?
Would people buy it if it did ?
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
No one knows. They've made a big point of cancelling it from peoples bookings so I'd be surprised. Past September maybe. If you want to eat onsite you could work out the cost of the ddp for you and put the money on a card.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My personal thoughts are that it will come back but whether it’s next year remains to be seen.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Unless the drop their prices. I'm sure it will return in some form.

Not many will be happy to pay current prices and a hefty 20% tip on top and dine everyday of their holiday. Most people will restrict their sit down meals quite a lot if paying out of pocket for all of them
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

i think QSDP will come back and maybe DDP in another format, what format? i dont know yet. I think they'll dangle some sort of carrot if USA can get a handle on infection rate. And yes i would buy it.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nope. Fingers crossed for 2022
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s all going to come down to how things pan out with Covid and whether social distancing guidelines are relaxed to the point Disney can fill restaurants the way they used to. If we’re stuck with any kind of social distancing into next year then definitely no dining plans as Disney could not guarantee you would be able to use the credits. As soon as that’s all back to normal then I think they’ll bring them back as they keep people onsite and spending money.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s all going to come down to how things pan out with Covid and whether social distancing guidelines are relaxed to the point Disney can fill restaurants the way they used to. If we’re stuck with any kind of social distancing into next year then definitely no dining plans as Disney could not guarantee you would be able to use the credits. As soon as that’s all back to normal then I think they’ll bring them back as they keep people onsite and spending money.
Totally agree, Lisa.

And when the "back to normal" will be is anybody's guess... but I believe it will definitely be by mid-2021. When I say "believe" I guess I really mean "hope and pray" as I have no precedent to go on!

We were prepared to pay for the DDP but now will be paying OOP for our Disney stay next August.
Old 10 Jul 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Unless the drop their prices. I'm sure it will return in some form. This has confused me & made me chuckle, if you sit a do "The Math" as the States say, you'll find that you have paid for it anyway, with the addition of alcohol choice you about "break even" on what you have paid but you really still need to be choosing the most expensive thing on the menu or eating buffets.
Whether it comes back or not, I think will depend a lot on the supply chain, they are not going to set the price to then find out that they aren't making enough IYKWIM, personally I think you are going to have to see Restaurants back at 100% capacity for them to re-instate them.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I have calculated for the QSDP it is cheaper for me and Mrs D322 to pay as we go, combined with a food delivery from our Angelababe for snacks and breakfast bits, water etc.

We would share one QS main which is plenty for us.

Any TS we would pay for, but I am not fussed about that having eaten in most.

Disney332

Edited at 02:15 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List