Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Not been in one but one of the Japanese YouTube people I follow, did a "day in the life" of a worker at one and it was fascinating, at least to me!

Wow - not being funny but they were all over the place in Tokyo, but then I was taken to one first so I knew what they were.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
I had no idea they have them in TDR as well. We'll have to keep an eye out.
There was one in the shop next to ToT and one in Aerial Undersea bit - but never saw it. I think there could be others, if memory serves they are on the maps - will go look ...
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Wow - not being funny but they were all over the place in Tokyo, but then I was taken to one first so I knew what they were.
I must have walked past them looking for gatchapon
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Yes they are on the maps!

Old 1 Sep 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

They are outside almost every shop in Character Street inside Tokyo Station (that place is an experience in itself!). We got a few for our grandchildren and was surprised at the quality.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

I can’t believe I watched the entire thing! Some of my thoughts during the last 20 minutes:

8 swapsies isn’t too bad.
I like the toys which incorporate the plastic ball (are those things recyclable?)
She was wearing such a tiny backpack, where did she put 100 balls?!
My top three toys were shrimp on a stick, moving eels and creme caramel with a stern man’s face 😂
I wish she’d gone to some of the weirder machines I could see in the background (toy woodlouse anyone?)
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

With regards to being recyclable, I know when i was there in 2019, a lot of the shops had baskets for you to put the empty containers in once you had removed your toy. I assumed that they would then be reused to put toys back in them.

We kept them though - and we did have to buy a new suitcase and additional luggage to bring everything back!
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Is everyone on this thread aware of Chris Broad’s YouTube channel ‘Abroad in Jaoan’? Very British, bit sweary (not for little ones) bery funny. He has several videos about this stuff.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Is everyone on this thread aware of Chris Broad’s YouTube channel ‘Abroad in Jaoan’? Very British, bit sweary (not for little ones) bery funny. He has several videos about this stuff.
No - can’t say I have heard of it. Will go and take a look.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List