Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Sep 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ever After Holidays View Post
That's great to hear thank you so much for your feedback!

We look forward to helping you in the future

Mattie
I wonder if the negative poster has actually used you?
I've written negative reviews about virgin Atlantic.. doesn't make them a bad company, simply just in my eyes. Many others rave

As for closed borders etc. The issue is not will America be open but will the FCO and ergo insurances be operative. America can open its borders doesn't mean the FCO will not advise against travel there

Free Dining plan.. if WDW Need visitors I suspect it will come back,just as it did after the last recession. When I went in 2006 it was all singing and dancing tips included. If they don't need to attract visitors then from a business sense why would they.
Without massive discounts or free DDP I won't be staying onsite. Far better quality rooms at lesser prices and cheaper dining off site. All of course my opinions!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Disney made money from offering the Free Dining Plan to UK visitors, in fact they made lot's of money from it.
A close of friend of ours worked for them in the UK at VP level until recently & I asked her once what the deal was with the free dining offer, she confirmed that it was one of the major drivers for bookings that they used.
She also said that they knew by offering it, people were way more likely to stay onsite to take advantage of it & hence spend more money supplementing their meals by adding things on, also if they are onsite they spend more money on merchandise & other things.

As most of us on here know, Disney like every major corporation give nothing away for free, there is always a profit to be made in what they do or they wouldn't do it.
As long as you know that & accept it then you can control your expectations.

I will be stunned if Free Dining does not return in some form or other to the UK market once things return to some semblance of normality.
Speaking for ourselves, we've taken advantage of the offer on our last three visits & although we know that we've paid either rack or close to rack rate for the hotel, we are happy with that & are confident that we either break even or come out ahead with "free dining" included.
We've discussed purchasing it, if it wasn't offered & are still confident that we could make it work in our favour based on the restaurants that we like to eat in & how we utilise it.
At the moment though, all bets are off with the world in the state it is in, I think we are some way off from things getting back to normal, we need a vaccine & once there is one, it will have to be distributed to a lot of people across the world before things start to get back to normal, realistically that could be this time next year or even later.
We would not feel comfortable sitting in a metal tube for nine hours wearing masks, we just wouldn't, we also would not like to be out there & for one of us to catch it so we have resigned ourselves to not getting back to the States until 2022.
Let's also not forget the US Election & what mayhem is more than likely to happen whoever wins (Or thinks they have won) in November.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Has anyone noticed on the recent disney vlogs say at epcot for example, the menus have the purple snack credit logos on them? I don't know how far in advance the menus are decided and printed, but perhaps this could be an indicator that Disney plan to bring back the dining plans sooner rather than later? Fingers crossed!

Edited at 11:20 AM.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Yes, we noticed the other day. They have been missing, so good sign.
Governor of Florida wants Phase 3 to begin, with more restaurants opening also, and less social distancing all parks
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

They need to keep the social distancing thing going. Hopefully Disney can do this and increase capacity just a little at a time over the next few months and into 2021.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
I agree with you, I am booked for Sept next year too because in my case at 67 I don't know how much longer I will be able to go for one and then like you need something to look forward to. Currently haven't been able to work since Mar 16th and as I work in the entertainment sector looking unlikely to be working until January, so having a Disney countdown helps. I live alone so my mental state after 27 weeks largely stuck at home is such that anything I can have to look forward too is a plus. Should I need to move it then so be it, max I can lose is £50. I do get a little annoyed by the constant chastising I get on threads on here telling me I am stupid to even think about going next year. Personally if everyone books for 2022 then maybe those who go next year will have quieter parks lol
Well said. Everyone is free to make their own decision, based on their own reasons.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is a really good sign. Thanks for sharing. I always thought that the fact that the Disney website says that dining plans are ‘temporarily unavailable’ was a good sign. 😁
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I would guess the dining plans will come back as more hotels open and Americans decide to go on holiday. Probably part of the reason they stopped them was less people staying onsite anyway so less people to buy them. Free will depend entirely on whether Disney need to offer it to entice people to stay onsite. I’m hoping yes because once life gets back to normal I want my normal Disney holiday again!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would guess the dining plans will come back as more hotels open and Americans decide to go on holiday. Probably part of the reason they stopped them was less people staying onsite anyway so less people to buy them. Free will depend entirely on whether Disney need to offer it to entice people to stay onsite. I’m hoping yes because once life gets back to normal I want my normal Disney holiday again!
I read in several places the reason they stopped the dining plan was because of such a limited capacity in restaurants and people not being able to use all their credits. This way no one can complain that they can't use what they paid for.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I read in several places the reason they stopped the dining plan was because of such a limited capacity in restaurants and people not being able to use all their credits. This way no one can complain that they can't use what they paid for.
Yes I believe that was the reason but it also makes sense that hardly any of the hotels were open anyway so who would be using it?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List