Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Apr 15, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Another question sorry, if you decided to upgrade your hotel would you still get DDP? We have booked in a moderate hotel and upgraded but if funds change in the future we might upgrade.
Also how long is the free DDP on for (our friends are now thinking about it)
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mia_
slightly serious Dibber

yes, I can answer this as we asked if we can upgrade. Not sure after the offer expires but before you will get the DDP if you upgade to deluxe

You can book until November, but after July gift card will be reduced to 100 usd
Mia_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

This is very helpful to me as a first timer on QSDP. Thank you all so much for taking the time x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
What wonderful info - thank you.

It's been a while since we visited WDW but all the offers at the moment is making me think of adding 5 nights pre cruise next May. We were looking at the free QS plan but the option is to upgrade for Ł130 - the main factor for me to upgrade would be if we could use the TS credits for character meals, so does anyone have an idea how much a character meal would be per adult? Previously, we have dined at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Chef Mickey - are there any other ones now, and costs? Sorry if these are basic Q's but it's a bit of a spur of the moment thought!
Character buffets tend to be in the region of $30-35 depending on which meal. I know Tusker House breakfast was around $32. There are character meals at Cape May, Hollywood & Vine, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fayre, 'Ohana, Akershus.

Originally Posted by mempink View Post
Great thread, thank you.

My question is regarding the QSDDP, we went last year and had this plan and have got it for our 2016 trip too, reading the thread however I don't think we used our QSDDP as well as we could of.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning (CBR), for us the choice was fine and the portions large so we often only grabbed a snack for lunch. For dinner we ate at two TS restaurants, T-Rex and Planet Holleywood, we paid for these meals. We did have lunch one day at Be our Guest and again paid for this.

For our next trip, I'd be grateful of any suggestions on how we can best use our credits, for example could we eat at a TS restaurant such as Plant Hollywood or Be our Guest and use our QS credits towards the cost of the meal?

Thank you xx
You can't use QS credits for TS meals. Lunch at Be Our Guest (and breakfast) are QS credits so you could have used your credits there. If you think there would be a lot of TS places you'd eat at it might be worth considering upgrading to standard DDP. Otherwise you could share a QS breakfast or lunch depending on how you like to eat.

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Another question sorry, if you decided to upgrade your hotel would you still get DDP? We have booked in a moderate hotel and upgraded but if funds change in the future we might upgrade.
Also how long is the free DDP on for (our friends are now thinking about it)
Thanks
Yes if you have paid to upgrade DDP and upgrade your hotel then you'd get standard DDP and the cost difference taken into account. We did this a few years ago.
The offer is on until November, the 3rd I think. The $200 giftcard finishes 9th July and I believe it will be replaced by a $100 for a time.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
This is brilliant advice as always Vickie we are planing on paying oop for sci-fi as the kids loved it there last time, where would you recommend to eat at HS with the QS? As we'll probably be there 1 full day & half a day.& obviously our 2 days at universal will be oop, but we hope to use a QS credit for breakfast those mornings.
QS places at HS aren't great IMO. My personal favourite is Staring Rolls as I love the turkey sandwich they do there and the dessert range is excellent. I can get my favourite fruit tart there. A QS meals is a sandwich, packet of crisps or piece of fruit, choice of cake/pastry/Danish and a drink. So, DH and I usually get ours from there and then wander down to the food area opposite Beauty and the Beast/Fantasmic to get the children their meal. You've got Fairfax fare, Catalina Eddies and Rosies All American Diner there. Normally just a pizza for DS and the half roast chicken for DD or if they're not too hungry, then the share the half roast chicken.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Character buffets tend to be in the region of $30-35 depending on which meal. I know Tusker House breakfast was around $32. There are character meals at Cape May, Hollywood & Vine, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fayre, 'Ohana, Akershus.

You can't use QS credits for TS meals. Lunch at Be Our Guest (and breakfast) are QS credits so you could have used your credits there. If you think there would be a lot of TS places you'd eat at it might be worth considering upgrading to standard DDP. Otherwise you could share a QS breakfast or lunch depending on how you like to eat.

Yes if you have paid to upgrade DDP and upgrade your hotel then you'd get standard DDP and the cost difference taken into account. We did this a few years ago.
The offer is on until Novembmer, the 3rd I think. The $200 giftcard finishes 9th July and I believe it will be replaced by a $100 for a time.
Thank you so much, fab advice! I am new to the Dibb but absolutely loving it, I've got a feeling that thanks to the tips and advice shared on here next years trip is going to be even better! X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
QS places at HS aren't great IMO. My personal favourite is Staring Rolls as I love the turkey sandwich they do there and the dessert range is excellent. I can get my favourite fruit tart there. A QS meals is a sandwich, packet of crisps or piece of fruit, choice of cake/pastry/Danish and a drink. So, DH and I usually get ours from there and then wander down to the food area opposite Beauty and the Beast/Fantasmic to get the children their meal. You've got Fairfax fare, Catalina Eddies and Rosies All American Diner there. Normally just a pizza for DS and the half roast chicken for DD or if they're not too hungry, then the share the half roast chicken.
I agree, there's not a great choice. We tend to go to Backlot Express but ABC Commissars has some choices that are a bit different to standard QS meals.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

This information might help people too. It's some of the food costs from our last 2 trips (Jan 2014 and Feb 2015). It's based on 2 adults and 2 children aged 10+ who ordered from the adult menu the majority of the time. They were charged adult prices at all character and buffet meals. Fortunately we were on the dining plan

2014:
Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch (3 courses) - $161.84 with tax
Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch - $133.38 with tax
Garden Grill - $161.84 with tax
Be Our Guest dinner - $151.11 with tax
Saana dinner - $115.28 with tax
Crystal Palace breakfast - $106.50 with tax
Teppen Edo dinner - $149.63 with tax
Chef Mickey's dinner - $187.40 with tax
Rainforest Café dinner - $109.38 with tax
Planet Hollywood dinner - $125.05 with tax
We also did Cinderella's Royal table and Hoop Dee Doo Revue which were both 2 TS credits

2015:
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare - $178.88 with tax
Lunch & dinner at Teppen Edo (ate here twice) - $182.90 with tax
Dinner at Garden Grill - $178.88 with tax
Fantasmic dining package at Mama Melrose - $170.02 with tax
Dinner at Akershus - $204.44 with tax
Lunch at Tusker House - $149.06 with tax
Lunch at Crystal Palace - $127.76 with tax
Dinner at 'Ohana - $161.84 with tax
Dinner at Boma - $161.84 with tax
Dinner at Hoop De Doo Revue - $259.96 with tax

Some QS meals from 2015:
Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express - $87.12 with tax
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich - $48.02 with tax
Breakfast at Artist Palette - $32.44 with tax
Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express - $106.82 with tax
Breakfast at Artist Palette - $35.32 with tax

As you can see, Wolfgang Puck Express is a great use of a QS credit. We always ate at the Marketplace side one as it's bigger and has much more on the menu. Note, that this is one place where they do check how many adults and children you have on the plan so you can't order an adult meal for a child.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
This information might help people too. It's some of the food costs from our last 2 trips (Jan 2014 and Feb 2015). It's based on 2 adults and 2 children aged 10+ who ordered from the adult menu the majority of the time. They were charged adult prices at all character and buffet meals. Fortunately we were on the dining plan

2014:
Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch (3 courses) - $161.84 with tax
Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch - $133.38 with tax
Garden Grill - $161.84 with tax
Be Our Guest dinner - $151.11 with tax
Saana dinner - $115.28 with tax
Crystal Palace breakfast - $106.50 with tax
Teppen Edo dinner - $149.63 with tax
Chef Mickey's dinner - $187.40 with tax
Rainforest Café dinner - $109.38 with tax
Planet Hollywood dinner - $125.05 with tax
We also did Cinderella's Royal table and Hoop Dee Doo Revue which were both 2 TS credits

2015:
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare - $178.88 with tax
Lunch & dinner at Teppen Edo (ate here twice) - $182.90 with tax
Dinner at Garden Grill - $178.88 with tax
Fantasmic dining package at Mama Melrose - $170.02 with tax
Dinner at Akershus - $204.44 with tax
Lunch at Tusker House - $149.06 with tax
Lunch at Crystal Palace - $127.76 with tax
Dinner at 'Ohana - $161.84 with tax
Dinner at Boma - $161.84 with tax
Dinner at Hoop De Doo Revue - $259.96 with tax

Some QS meals from 2015:
Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express - $87.12 with tax
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich - $48.02 with tax
Breakfast at Artist Palette - $32.44 with tax
Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express - $106.82 with tax
Breakfast at Artist Palette - $35.32 with tax

As you can see, Wolfgang Puck Express is a great use of a QS credit. We always ate at the Marketplace side one as it's bigger and has much more on the menu. Note, that this is one place where they do check how many adults and children you have on the plan so you can't order an adult meal for a child.
Wow! That's got to be worth it then! I'm i right in thinking you just paid tips on top for TS? Is tax included in the DDP. Sorry all new to this!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Wow! That's got to be worth it then! I'm i right in thinking you just paid tips on top for TS? Is tax included in the DDP. Sorry all new to this!
Tax is included but you need to pay tips for table service meals. The bill will have amounts on it based on 18 & 20% gratuities so you know without working it out.

Trip Report Index
Closed Thread