Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 6 Dec 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What is your favourite thing to bake?

I'm rubbish at cakes but ok at bread, cookie/biscuits and loaf cakes.
Need some ideas for some other things though.
What do you like to bake and recipes please
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

I took a Christmas baking course that included these mini muffins and loved them.

bbc/food/recipes/c...imuffins_73210

Any muffin is good - easy to make, easy to eat and can be made with so many different ingredients.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

My friend and I make these mini key lime pies that are heavenly!

4 Tablepsoons golden syrup
70 grams butter
175 grams digestives, crushed
150 ml double cream
Grated rind of two limes
220 g sweetened condensed milk
4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)

180 C/Gas mark 4
24 mini muffin tin

Melt butter with syrup. Mix in digestives. Divide between mini muffin sections of the tin, pushing up sides of pan. Bake 6 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes.

Mix/whisk cream and lime rind until beginning to thicken. Gradually whisk in sweetened condensed milk, then lime juice, whisking until thick. Fill tart cases. Chill 30 minutes or more before removing from tin. Can decorate with lime zest.

My friend and usually use more lime juice because we love lime!
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I adore key lime pie but have never made it-add that one to my list!
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I love baking just wish I had more time to do it tbh!
I posted a syrup cake recipe a while back.
I make a lot of cupcakes too. Don't tend to use a recipe for those, just kind of make a rough basic mix up and tweak it to whatever flavour I want.

Usually do about 7oz stork, 7oz sugar, 3 large eggs, 7-8oz flour (self raising), lots of vanilla flavouring and whatever else thrown in. Sometimes put cocoa powder in too, but reduce flour slightly if you do and add a splash of milk.

If you make up that mix and put slightly less sugar and a bit more flour, stir in a good few spoons of mincemeat in and they make a really nice fruity, spicy muffin.

If you like oats and syrup, these cookies are just like flapjack in cookie form! 100g butter, 100g caster sugar, 100g SR flour, 100g oats and 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda. melt putter syrup and sugar, stir in the flour and oats and bicarb. I use an icecream scoop and place on a baking sheet with parchment on, lots of space.. press the dollops down a bit so they are as domed. bake at a pre heated 180 oven for approx. 10 mins.

picky-palate/2013/04/03/how-to-make-perfect-m-and-m-cookies/ is a fail proof fav cookie recipe of mine. It has pudding mix in but I googled for a diy of this and made some up in a tub, think its a mix of sugar, cornflour and milk powder and it seems to work. hope the link works...

I'm at work so cannot do more at the min :|

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I bake my own apple crumble, really nice!

3 bramley apples
175g plain flour
110g of butter
110g of caster sugar

1. Peel, core and cut the apples in small cubes and place into a baking dish and add two tbsp of caster sugar on top.

2. Put the flour, sugar and sliced butter into a bowl and the rub between your fingers until it makes something that resembles breadcrumbs

3. Pour this mixture on top of the apples and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes at 190 c.

klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List