Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Feb 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Naples hotel choices?

DH and I are having an adult only trip for a week in September and are currently booked into the Naples grand beach resort which does look lovely but slightly remote and we would like to walk out to bars and restaurants in an evening. I've had a good look at other options and we could push the budget to afford the Hyatt house in Naples which does look to have a lot more dining options in walking distance but more business like! any thoughts?
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I’ve just commented on another thread about the Hyatt. It’s a great hotel with pool and within walking distance of tin city which offers shops, restaurants, boat tours etc. And comes with the bonus of included breakfast which is another saving. It’s a great choice IMO
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’re staying at the Grande this year for the 4th time, Iove it there and thoroughly recommend.

However if you’re keen to be able to walk to restaurants etc it may not be for you.

The only place that’s really walkable is the Waterside shops and there aren’t any restaurants or bars there as far as I recall. It also seems to shut fairly early.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re staying at the Grande this year for the 4th time, Iove it there and thoroughly recommend.

However if you’re keen to be able to walk to restaurants etc it may not be for you.

The only place that’s really walkable is the Waterside shops and there aren’t any restaurants or bars there as far as I recall. It also seems to shut fairly early.
Waterside still has a very small number of restaurants but not as many as they used to: California Pizza Kitchen, Brio & Bricktops which stay open until 9.30-11.00.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Yanto
Getting Excited

Hi,

We stayed in the Inn on 5th two years ago absolutely superb.
Yanto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have hummed and hawwed about a)staying in Naples and b) which hotel to stay at.

A - we have decided to stick with 2 nights in Naples

B - we are booked at Inn on 5th.

I agree - its a close call for a lot of the properties as they all look amazing.

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMagic
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at Naples Bay Resort several times and would highly recommend it. We have stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with marina view which has an extended balcony with sunloungers. They are very large and have a full kitchen and also washer and dryer. It has Bonefish Grill on site, 5 minutes walk to tin city and 15 minutes walk down to 5th Avenue. They also run free minibuses during the day to the beach and evenings to the restaurants around 5th Avenue.
It has a great club house but this is across a small road so a couple of mins walk or take the minibus. It has lovely pool with waterfall, small lazy river, adults only area with pool and hot tub and Bluewater grill for lunch and pool drinks.
MinnieMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinnieMagic View Post
We have stayed at Naples Bay Resort several times and would highly recommend it. We have stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with marina view which has an extended balcony with sunloungers. They are very large and have a full kitchen and also washer and dryer. It has Bonefish Grill on site, 5 minutes walk to tin city and 15 minutes walk down to 5th Avenue. They also run free minibuses during the day to the beach and evenings to the restaurants around 5th Avenue.
It has a great club house but this is across a small road so a couple of mins walk or take the minibus. It has lovely pool with waterfall, small lazy river, adults only area with pool and hot tub and Bluewater grill for lunch and pool drinks.
We've also stayed here and enjoyed. My only gripe is the walk to the pool! We didn't use their free transport and just got Ubers - each journey was always less than $10.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cantcook View Post
We've also stayed here and enjoyed. My only gripe is the walk to the pool! We didn't use their free transport and just got Ubers - each journey was always less than $10.
We've just booked here for ten days, is that too long? I didn't realise the walk to the pool was that far, we were planning on spending a lot of time there
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
We've just booked here for ten days, is that too long? I didn't realise the walk to the pool was that far, we were planning on spending a lot of time there
I've just made some scribbles on a map for you so you can make your own mind up. Google's best guess is a 0.4mile walk. I'd say it was closer to 0.25.

Blue cross - where our room was
Red path - how you walk to the main pool area
Yellow circles - One is a very small 'infinity' pool - they say it's infinity, I beg to differ. The other we didn't see - looks like a hot tub though.

We were there in Jan where the temp wasn't higher than 20, so I felt it was a bit too long to walk, especially in damp swimwear. I might have felt differently during the height of summer.

It also depends how long you spend by the pool. We only do about 90 minutes max, so it's a big effort to walk there and back for a minimal time.

I will say that the hotel, the grounds, room and restaurant were all superb. You can rent boats from reception too.

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List