Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Feb 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Discovery Cove...Elite package

Hi, looking at buying the elite package when we go D/C.
Has anyone had this and was it worth it?
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We did for my sons birthday it was really good. The dolphin brought him a buoy with his name on.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

We loved this package - it included all the photos, DVD plus a bag and photo frame. The dolphin swim included a personalised Buoy that I kept as a surprise for my daughter. Having our own cabana for the day was so useful - well stocked fridge and snacks. To us it was worth it.
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

We did the elite package 3 years ago for my wife's birthday.
We found it really good and enjoyed the cabana and the photo package.
I've booked tickets for this august and we are there on the day of her 50th. Not sure if I will book the elite or vip package yet.
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
My dog shamu
Trying for More Ears

My daughter and I did this is September, we knew we wanted the full photo package and decided for the extra $180/200 we would go for the elite package. It was amazing, we had a Cabana overlooking the dolphin pool and an attendant who checked on us regularly, we also got the buoy delivered via dolphin !

We loved the privacy of the cabana with the padded sun loungers, tables, fridge and snacks we had. We also had a hammock but the less said about that the better (large bruise on backside after misjuding just how you should get into a hammock).

We are planning on visiting again in 2019 and hope to go for the elite package again, for us it was definitely worth the money.
Old 6 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

When we went in July last year we purchased the elite package, all of us are fair skinned so I was going to book a cabana anyway. Then I was looking at the photo packages and realised that if I wanted a lot of photos from our dolphin swim, it was more cost effective to get the elite package.

It was amazing having our own base, we were there the full day to make use of it. The fridge and snacks were fab, the attendant brought us more drinks and refilled snacks. She was waiting for us with towels after the dolphin swim as well which was lovely. Our daughter loved getting the dolphin toy (buoy). The other daughter asked her to even sit with her for a bit and help build a sandcastle which she did! The attendant even brought our photos to us once they were processed so we didn't have to worry about them.

Made a lovely day into something even more special and enjoyable!
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your views, we have decided to go for it and book one when we go.

Can i ask you how far in advance do you have to book it?
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

So there are 4 of us going to DC, with 2 of us doing the dolphin swim and 2 of us thinking of doing the shark swim. What does the photo package cover?
Old 6 Feb 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We had this package in August and everything about it was perfect except for the lack of service from our attendant. I never even met her and dh had to go and restock on beers as she didn't restock the fridge. We did complain after as we didn't feel we'd had the experience others on here had written about and hey have said we can have a cabana free next time we visit. Not sure when that will be as think it'll be a bit too cold for me to do the Dolpin swim in December but maybe summer 2019.