Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Feb 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Time short! Universal 2 parks, 1 day question

We booked a last minute trip for 1 week. Time is short. Universal, 2 parks for 1 day without VIP fast passes on a Wednesday in February...

Any advice or would you do it another way? I'm not a seasoned Universal person and it's been a few years hence asking for advice

Here is what we are thinking...

Start off in The Studios and head straight to Harry Potter at opening. Then head over to Islands of Adventure from there. After lunch come back to the Studios. Will not be planning anything specific apart from Harry Potter first in The Studios hoping it will be less busy at opening time.

Any advice or tips?
Old 7 Feb 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

If you’re just planning one day in both parks then I’d suggest writing a list of your must do rides so that you don’t miss any. I went in the middle of May and did the whole of Universal in two whole days and two evenings, there is so much to do.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

We went on a Monday in September and I think if we'd got to the park at opening we could have done everything.
We did have FOLP but the queues weren't that bad.

We entered through Studios, skipped Minions and Shrek, then worked through the park as follows...
Transformers
Simpsons
Men In Black
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express to IOA
Flight of the Hippogriff
Forbidden Journey
Jurassic Park
Kong
Dudley Do Right

We then got so drenched on Dudley Do Right that we left to put on dry clothes. If we hadn't have done this, we could have done the Bilge Rat Barges, Spiderman & Hulk.

It depends what rides you are into, but I reckon if you arrived early (we didn't get there until 11am and had brunch at Mel's Diner as our first stop!) you could do The Mummy, Jimmy Fallon and RRR while you're in the area.

With the layout of the 2 parks i'd treat them as a big loop and just work your way around, but then we didn't have any 'must do' rides apart from HP as it was all new to us.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List