Notices

Old 13 Dec 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Aww that all sounds lovely! I like your choice of ADRs there's a nice mix.

Have a lovely time. 😀

Kat
Thanks Kat. It took a while to decide which to do but it's a mix of old favourites and new ones that we didn't have time for before. I've already been through the menus and know exactly what I'm ordering!
Old 13 Dec 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

So 60 days happened yesterday which meant a day of action!

I've booked the Fantasmic Dessert Party as I didn't fancy any of the restaurants or times. With only a week I want to make sure we make the most of our time. Has anyone done the dessert party yet?

The Garden Grocer order was finished and confirmed. It's mainly snacks, breakfast bits, fruits and loads of stuff to bring home (HoneyBuns, Devils Food and various Pop Tarts mainly!) along with Florida beer as I loved the stuff last time!

We're all checked in online and I'll be sending the room request just before we go. I'm still undecided about going for Paddock or Grandstand. I want to be close to a pool and a place to be able to get drinks and not too far from food so I can send Pete on his own! The boys would love to be closer to the big pool but I'm worried about noise. Someone please tell me which room to ask for!

And finally the Fast Passes. I got everything I wanted at roughly the right time so I don't need to change any plans at all. We have Frozen, FoP (for Pete) and Na'vi River Journey for us all. I've booked a couple of FPs for 7DMT as it'll be the biggest coaster Doug can get on and he'll love it. I'm just going to try and avoid any that he's not going to be tall enough for. I'm just hoping that maybe possibly he'll squeeze through for Star Tours and Dinosaur but I'm not holding my breath. I've fully prepared him that we can try to get on but that it's going to be close. He's 98cm atm so maybe with shoes and a tiny growth spurt...

Next up will be sorting out the packing after Christmas and birthdays! Oh, and deciding whether to book a hotel for the night before the flight. We're only 45 mins on a good day from Gatwick, but the M25 and M23 can be a nightmare some days. Plus the boys will eat free and we can hang around in the room rather than being at the airport for too long. Hmmmm decisions...
Old 14 Dec 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

So I booked the Premier Inn South (London Road) for the night before. I went for this one as it has free parking and is only £38.50 including breakfast. It'll mean a much more relaxed morning and less hanging around at the airport ( I hate hanging around at the airport. I'm the one you see deliberately arriving last!) Hopefully I'll be able to keep the boys up later to move them onto a slightly more Florida friendly time too.

I've also done a bit of shopping of the new Cath Kidston range. I should really have waited a bit as it's now on 3 for 2 but I missed out on the Peter Pan bits I wanted so got in there early. Haul is...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I've obviously used all of them already!

So just need to get through Christmas and 3 birthdays and we'll be almost ready to go on holiday!
Old 30 Jan 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Not long for us now plans sound great!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Not long for us now plans sound great!
I know, I'm so excited! We all bounced off the walls this morning and tomorrow we get to do the SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!
Old 30 Jan 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We're flying the same day as you! It's coming up fast
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

A couple of minor changes to update as the countdown gets tiny!

Annoyingly, the opening times for the parks have changed! I'd booked two BoG breakfasts and a Tusker House pre- park opening breakfast to get to the front of queues. Then they go and open the parks at 8am! The cheek of it! I've kept the BoG breakfasts the same (8:10am and 8:15am) in the hope we can get past the ropes, have a quick ride and then go in for breakfast. I did do the stupid thing of cancelling them but saw sense and managed to rebook my slots. Just need to reorder the food now.

With Tusker House, as it's TS and characters and we really want to go again I've pushed it back to brunch. I'm just trying to decide whether to have the 9:30am or 10:40am slot. I really fancy doing the breakfast / lunch crossover so will probably do that one. So long as I get a bit of breakfast buffet and waffles I'll be happy!

The only other thing left to decide is which room to request on Monday. I’m swaying towards Paddock for the pool and food so hopefully I’ll get a decent room that’s not too loud. Any suggestions of which studios to request are much appreciated.

Oh, and I got my holiday cash too! I was going to withdraw some when I got there but decided I'd rather make sure I had some with me just in case.

So now it’s time for packing to happen! Suitcases will be brought down over the next couple of days and anything we don’t need will be added over the weekend. Then there’s only a few days to go! Woo!

Edited at 06:01 PM.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

And this morning we did the single digit dance! Woo!
Old 7 Feb 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Well, I'm in the middle of packing and cleaning for burglars and have a year of holidays planned...and I've just booked flights for Boston for October half term. They were £357 each with Virgin Atlantic so a bit of a steal. I've been looking at having a trip to Boston for years so this is as good a chance as any!

Anyway, back to the Florida holiday!