Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 Dec 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We always visit a couple of times every holiday.

First trip during the day and parked kerbside on Front Street near the old cinema. A Starbucks first sitting in the rocking chairs then a walk round the lake and, to finish, a Kilwins ice cream.

Second trip at night to see the "snow" and a drive round the houses. Had to park "nose in" near Sycamore this time as Front Street closed near Market Street for the snow and the ice rink.

Today is day 29 of our 29 day holiday. 90% of the time has been wall to wall sunshine in the low 80s high 70s with a couple of cloudy days over Thanksgiving. Today drizzly all morning and struggling to reach mid 50s.

Mick
I hope it's going to be picking up again for me coming Mick..glad you've had good weather x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We like having a wander around late afternoon. It is absolutely lovely there and also you can have a little sit down etc.

Nice to see the local Stepford Wives - oh sorry, I mean residents.
I often wonder what the demographics really are there.
The only person I know who lives there is now a programmer at Disney and went to work there after a few years of very early retirement (he was an early apple employee and then moved to Netscape in their early days and bought maximum employee share options with both ... very smart guy)
He bought his house in the first year of Celebration .
He certainly doesn't fit the Stepford stereotype and I always mean to ask him if his neighbours do !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I hope it's going to be picking up again for me coming Mick..glad you've had good weather x
Linda

If you get chance to have a ride round a couple of the Estates off Legacy Park Boulevard some of the houses are fantastic 🎄 we thought some were better than the ones in Celebration.
Hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas

Joan x

Edited at 06:21 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We went a week ago tonight and it was mental, lot busier than ive ever seen it. Parking was a nightmare. Queues silly and toilet facilities... non existent.

Ill stick to earlier in the day midweek.
Old 10 Dec 17, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Linda

If you get chance to have a ride round a couple of the Estates off Legacy Park Boulevard some of the houses are fantastic 🎄 we thought some were better than the ones in Celebration.
Hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas

Joan x
Ohhh we'll do that Joan ty..safe journey home xx
Old 10 Dec 17, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

We always visit a couple of times every holiday.

First trip during the day and parked kerbside on Front Street near the old cinema. A Starbucks first sitting in the rocking chairs then a walk round the lake and, to finish, a Kilwins ice cream.

Second trip at night to see the "snow" and a drive round the houses. Had to park "nose in" near Sycamore this time as Front Street closed near Market Street for the snow and the ice rink.

Today is day 29 of our 29 day holiday. 90% of the time has been wall to wall sunshine in the low 80s high 70s with a couple of cloudy days over Thanksgiving. Today drizzly all morning and struggling to reach mid 50s.

Mick
We are here now and boy has it been cold today. We have never had it this cold. We have been so lucky but don’t think it will go as hot in the next few days 😢
Old 13 Feb 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We like having a wander around late afternoon. It is absolutely lovely there and also you can have a little sit down etc.

Nice to see the local Stepford Wives - oh sorry, I mean residents.
This made me chuckle!
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

We hired some bikes there and went on a recommended route - really easy paced and saw some fantastic houses and woodland area on the boardwalk. Good fun - would highly recommend
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
On a Sunday there is a market between 9 - 2pm. Last March it was better than in September, so does vary on the amount of stalls, then we normally walk back to the ice cream store

There is also a Post Office not open on Sundays in main street.

Melvin and Lesley