Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Feb 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Orange Lake Condos

We are thinking of staying at orange lake resort for a split stay in 2019.

Has anyone stayed here that could tell me more about the facilities? Can you use everything or is there a charge for it? Were the restaurants ok etc?

Thank you for any advice
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I asked the same question recently as have booked a 3 night stay here. All comments were very positive. I have driven past it many times and is near plenty of restaurants. You have to pay for the tubes for the lazy river which is $10 a day and $3 for the inflatable slide but normal slides are free to use. It is a huge resort, I didnt realise just how far back it goes. Looking forward to my stay.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We are owners here and love it
Great accommodation and facilities
Ask away and I’ll help if I can
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you both, I think the main thing I was wondering was what extra do you pay for the activities. Is there anything else other than the lazy river & inflatable slide? Can you buy a pass for these things for the duration of your stay or is it just a pay per day thing?
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi we have stayed here the past 3 visits my DD refuses to stay anywhere else as he loves it so much! Beautiful locations and rooms and close by to everything so the drive is not far at all. We are going again next year and very likely we will stay here again not a negative word to say about orange lakes 😊
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You can buy a pass for the lazy river etc (cant recall the cost) or you can just go round it without the tube (which is what I do). Its a cashless resort so you don't need to worry about carrying money which is a bonus you just swipe your room card (or credit card if you prefer). They have water sports which are extra and which you pay for and they have a small crazy golf which you also pay for. Cant think of anything else which is extra (possibly tennis but its too hot when I go to consider that). My family own here so we always stay here and cant fault it - just avoid their attempts to get you on a tour (aka timeshare selling) - they will tell you its just an hour but it never is and in my opinion it is simply not worth it. We just politely decline and ask for the parking permit. I can recommend Breezes and River Island Grilling Company for food both really nice and quite reasonable. Although there is so much choice 5 mins away on Rolling Oaks and along 192 that you wont struggle

Nicki

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

We stay at Orange Lake as exchange RCI visitors and haven't experienced any problems. It is our favourite place to stay. We don't use much of the on-site facilities as we are out most of the time anyhow. Its great that there is a great Publix just around the corner. The two bed unit we stay in is great infact it is the only timeshare in Florida where there are TV's in both rooms (good for a late night movie lol). The only thing that may be the issue is the Timeshare sales pitch that seems to be getting a little more in your face each year but we find a polite no thank you and just get our parking pass and get on with our fab holiday.
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Used to be owners here and it is an amazing resort...never used to rent a tube for lazy river but very inexpensive if you wish too. All other facilities are foc..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed here last week and it's a lovely resort. We didn't use the lazy river, but when we walked past no-one seemed to be using rings. Location wise it was perfect, with Super Target, Public and restaurants near the entrance.

We managed to avoid the sales pitch as we arrived late due to our plane being diverted to JFK, so the receptionist gave us out parking permit.

My only gripe was that as we were overlooking a golf course, they started mowing the greens at 6am every morning, so I didn't get a lay in for the entire holiday.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List