Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Feb 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Road Trip Hotel/Room/flight questions

Hi everyone

We would like to do a road trip on our next visit. Depending on where we can get flights to it will either be MCO then up to St.Augustine and down the East coast to Fort Lauderdale, then across to Naples and making our way up to St/Petes/Clearwater area. flight back from mco

If we got Miami flight we are thinking of going down the keys then back up the east coast as above to St.Augustine and flight back from mco.

So my first question, is it easy enough to get flights into one airport and out of the other? without too much of a price compromise?

Mainly I am looking for anyone who has stayed along either of these routes in hotels with 2 bedroom suites as we have two teenage boys and privacy is more of an issue, or interconnecting rooms.

Thanks in advance.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I too have teenagers
We have flown into Tampa and Orlando and travelled from there ( never flew out a different airport )
We have stayed a couple of nights in Naples at the Hyatt House
It was a one bedroom but had a partician dividing it up
In Orlando we have stayed at Wyndham grand and it also was a one bedroom but had a side section with bunk beds and tv
Hope this helps 👍
Old 14 Feb 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
pos69xxx
Excited about Disney

We did a similar trip last year albeit only two of us so sorry no recommendations on accommodation but I would personally fly into Orlando and leave from Orlando doing almost a circle round.
We absolutely loved it and even though we drove 1600 miles, because it was staggered and we got to see some lovely places it hardly felt like we had driven this distance at all.
You will have a great time!
Kissimmee May 2018-New York Washington July 2018
pos69xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by carolineonecat View Post
I too have teenagers
We have flown into Tampa and Orlando and travelled from there ( never flew out a different airport )
We have stayed a couple of nights in Naples at the Hyatt House
It was a one bedroom but had a partician dividing it up
In Orlando we have stayed at Wyndham grand and it also was a one bedroom but had a side section with bunk beds and tv
Hope this helps 👍
Thank you, a partition would be fine, we stayed at the Rosen Inn@Pointe Orlando this year and the vanity area had a sliding door so we could take a bath and get dried and dressed in private with more space than just the bathroom. We had thought maybe the next holiday needs to be villa based but we really want to do a road trip so its a hunt for suitable hotels.

Originally Posted by pos69xxx View Post
We did a similar trip last year albeit only two of us so sorry no recommendations on accommodation but I would personally fly into Orlando and leave from Orlando doing almost a circle round.
We absolutely loved it and even though we drove 1600 miles, because it was staggered and we got to see some lovely places it hardly felt like we had driven this distance at all.
You will have a great time!
Thank you, many many years ago, before children (eldest is 23) we did a couple of road trips and loved it, we want the youngest two to have a taste of a wider Florida than Orlando and Clearwater which is pretty much all they have seen. Thank you for your enthusiasm for a road trip.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are flying into Miami ourselves this year and ( doing the circle ) Florida keys - palm beach - Orlando . Sarasota - Miami
I have never really done the east coast and only going ahead with it all as good flight prices from Miami
I’m actually quite excited now planning
Good luck