Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Feb 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Polkadots
Gone all Goofy

Help with ADR please !

Hi everyone, going in October this year -
Myself, hubster and son have the DDP
My mum, Dad and brother have the QSDP
We are going to 'pool' our credits to enable us to just have 3 table service meals together so this is where your help comes in !

We really enjoyed chef mickeys last time so would happily do this again but wondered if there was another character experience that was good ( my son is 6)

We enjoyed T'rex at disney springs and again would do this again but anywhere else in Disney springs that is good ?

Most important one ! Is there any dining in the parks that you would recommend where you get priority seating or similar ?
Last time we ate at mama Melrose at DHS and got seating for fantasmic however we didn't really feel like this was worth it for the seats we had. Is there any priority seating at Epcot for the fireworks when booking dining ? so basically is there any dining you book where you get an added bonus !

Thanks in advance
Polkadots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Rainforest cafe or chef arts homecoming at Disney springs, I would say it’s worth considering tusker house as an alternative to chef mickeys too

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Polkadots
Gone all Goofy

Thankyou!
Yes read good things about homecoming so will check that out.
Will check out Tusker house too.

Edited at 11:59 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Polkadots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Garden grill in epcot is great for character interaction and lovely food too both breakfast and dinner. Also love that it revolves.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Cape May cafe at the beach club is a great character breakfast ( very beachy )

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have to say if I’d only got three TS choices I’d steer well clear of T Rex it’s some of the worst food on property. You can get a Rivers if Light reserved seating ADR at either Tusker House (1 credit character buffet) or Tiffins (2 credit signature restaurant). I second Garden Grill as a good family dining spot. Unchallenging food but good served family style with characters thrown in so less faffing about than a buffet with characters. 1900 Park Fare dinner is my favourite character meal but it’s Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Ugly Sister who are hysterical but possibly not on the radar of a 6 year old boy. 50’s Prime Time is a fun family friendly restaurant and Teppan Edo is lovely fresh food and comes with entertaining chef interaction good for a family group. Difficult to advise with so much choice! Rose and Crown and Spice Road Table at Epcot both have tables you can view Illuminations from if you time it right and get lucky with where you’re sat.