Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile Later slots for character breakfasts

So it's my ADR day today, and although I managed to get Crystal Palace and Tusker House for the dates I wanted, they are slots around 9.30 rather than the 10.30 I was hoping for. Even up to the latest date I can currently book (180+10) there are none of these "brunch" slots.

Does anyone have experience of these opening up nearer the time? It wasn't only that I was being a tightwad and trying to sample lunch at breakfast prices 😉 but I didn't really want to be eating when the park is still meant to be fairly quiet for the first few hours.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

After having a change of plan we got a Crystal Palace 10.30 reservation the night before. I think now they charge £10 for no shows there’s more availability as people cancel.

Just to add though it was just breakfast food, they were starting to set up lunch on one side of the restaurant but it was closed off.

We prefer the later ones so we can get a few rides in then go eat when the crowds start building up.

Edited at 12:35 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks macadoo! I will keep looking every day then! It is more Tusker House where I'm keen to try lunch, and definitely read that it's available to people eating a late breakfast.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes they often do open up. We booked Tusker House while in the park last year for 10.40am. Both our ADRs for here were later and both times we were offered lunch too which appeared at 11am. The breakfast items were moved to make room.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes they often do open up. We booked Tusker House while in the park last year for 10.40am. Both our ADRs for here were later and both times we were offered lunch too which appeared at 11am. The breakfast items were moved to make room.
Thanks! Fingers crossed then!
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I think the later slots at Tusker House have become more popular as people are heading to join the FOP queue first thing. If you use the touring plans reservation finder it can alert you when a slot becomes open (it's free).

Also - and you may have already done this - make sure you are selecting a time from the dropdown and not breakfast/lunch/dinner as it often throws up more slots.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi we have a later slot at tusker house, around 10.20 i think. Planning to explore a bit and then go 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
Also - and you may have already done this - make sure you are selecting a time from the dropdown and not breakfast/lunch/dinner as it often throws up more slots.
Thank you so much for this tip! I wasn't doing that and now that I have I managed to get the times I wanted!
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Brilliant, very happy to be of use!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List