$75 per night GOODWILL room credit/gc 27 35.53%
A Bath With Mickey Mouse 7 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Mar 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Disney & The RefurbLand Pirates ... and Me :erm:

EDIT - think we can see the pattern now - please just post if you have something new to add, or you can add your travel date - Or just take part in the Poll.

Can you talk like a pirate?

Disney can. They can offer you a Goodwill payment and then plunder it back - by not talking about it again ever - then add in a similar payment to every Dom, Mick or Sally who books after the refurb announcement.

The purpose of this thread is to mimic this one In which you list your ADRS and the OP makes a list of who is eating where. But here we are building up a list of Who Was Offered AND Accepted What and When.

If you have accepted a move and are NOT HAPPY call em back and get sorted. You shouldn't have paid to move to the ones listed on the US press release and you shouldn't have lost your dining plan - despite the fact you may have been told otherwise. But in here let us know what you were offered to stay and when and by whom - if possible.

Anyone not direct affected by this but feel aggrieved, call Disney and let them know your displeasure. They created this mess and we should all be happy with our hol. And Yes we are all Greedy, except Happy as she is Happy, duh.

PLEASE ADD YOUR CHECK IN DATE TOO.

I will read thru the main thread and add gems like this from L2P

Thursday 23/02 4:56PM
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post12309763
1. Stay at CBR and get $75 per night room credit to spend as you like (meals, tips, shopping etc)
2. Move to another resort (AND PAY)
3. Stay at CBR and get £50 per night off your current invoice

Lets got get em tiggr

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 06:31 AM.
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Tuesday 21/02/17
Hootietootie cut off after 76 mins. Email wdtc

Wednesday 22/02/17
DISNEY POLICY 1 - DENIAL

Hootietootie -assured no building work would be going on. They would be re-painting and carpeting some rooms. No need to worry

DISNEY POLICY 2 - NO COMP PAY TO MOVE
Stormryder - paid for a move to SSR £146, no comp offered

minniemam - no compensation at all & if I wanted to move I should be quick as there would be no availability soon. I paid an extra £450 to move to POR pool view room (no standard rooms left). Emailed to complain, no reply.

Thursday 23/02/17

DISNEY POLICY 3 - DENIAL AGAIN
9:00 QueenElsa told the work was minimal and only a pool in Trinidad was being closed.

DISNEY POLICY 4 - COMP $75 OR PAY TO MOVE
9:10 OrlandoFanJr CM Dale in Guest Care . Only offered $75 per night room credit and accepted.

10:00 Hootietootie CM Zara(who laughed when I told her about painting). offered move, asked if there was comp. to stay. Put through to Destiny who offered $75 on magic band. Didn't get magic incident number.

10:30 Tigerfee accepted 75 room credit. Was also offered a move

10:30 Sollis offered FOC move or $75 room credit, was advised that a magic number would be added to my account. CM Destiny.

11:00 Penguin19 Offered$75 a night

Afternoon. LegoLass Offered $75 per night (never offered £50 per night), received amended invoice right away with red reference number.

GranBran - Florida Escapes

DISNEY POLICY 5 - COMP $75 OR FREE MOVE
meldobe - Dawn, CT $75 prpn or a free move to POR

OA KCMUMMY I was offered $75 room credit - accepted via OA

DISNEY POLICY 6 - COMP -£50 OR +$25 OR FREE MOVE
disneygerbil - CM Dale offered the £50 off (they offered $25 as well but meh)

DISNEY POLICY 7 - COMP -£50 OR +$25 OR PAY TO MOVE
14:47 QueenElsa - offer £50 pr, pn refund or a move to PORFQ for £476 ppr (x4 rooms)

16:56https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post12309763
1. Stay at CBR and get $75 per night room credit to spend as you like (meals, tips, shopping etc)
2. Move to another resort (PAID MOVE at this time)
3. Stay at CBR and get £50 per night off your current invoice

DISNEY POLICY 8 - COMP -£50 OR +$25 OR FREE MOVE
17:00 Archie14 CM 'Joleena'. Got free transfer to POR. offered £50 per night

DISNEY POLICY 9 - COMP +$75 OR FREE MOVE
Email from OA, kopstar92 $75 prpn or switch to another mod for free.

Starlet Kate@CT 75usd per night credit on magic band. I accepted this.

Friday 24th February

DISNEY POLICY 10 - COMP -£50 OR FREE MOVE
9:00 Starstruck. 2 1\2 hours later, Barbara. offered £50 prpn or POR foc with our DDP and $200 gift card. I accepted the move.

10:00
BettBoo5 - Zara and offered free move or £50 per night. Accepted 50prpn

Starlet said to TC offer now 50GBP? Confirmed by Disney. I asked her to enquire on cost of moving to AKL (we had preferred room and DDP) Free move but "there would be no further discounts".

meldobe - Dawn, CT POR for free or Yacht club for £546 extra so we took that.

call from OA kopstar92 advising the offer had now switched to £50prpn discount, would I still like this offer

OA - KCMUMMY $75 was withdrawn and £50 off booking offered
"as it should never have been offered and that $75". Held firm on the £50

Sunday 26/02/17

DISNEY POLICY 11 - COMP +$25 (WILL BE $0 TOMORROW OR FREE MOVE
GranBran - FE Fiona said Disney were offering free move to POFQ pool view at no extra cost. QS and $200 gift card retained. Or $25pn compensation. Chose to move to POFQ as $25 was ridiculous.

Monday 27/02/17
DISNEY POLICY 12 - COMP -£50 OR FREE MOVE
Hootietootie cm Wellington, claimed nothing marked on account, when I started telling him times and names he apologised and said of wait, there is something. Maybe £50 off. I told him I had already accepted $75. He said that had changed. I said cool, but not before I had accepted it. He went away, came back, apologised again said yes sorry, I misunderstood, there is a magic incident number, I asked for it and was told I didn't need it. I said that's cool, I'll take it anyway. So now I have magic number.

Tuesday 28/02/17

MelStarDisney free move or £50 pn and accepted the £50.

DISNEY POLICY 13 - EMAIL ALL GUESTS $75
MelStarDisney I received the email about the $75 later that same day. No amended invoice.

03/03/17

Email QueenElsa - see below
I would be happy to provide clarification in regards to the compensation being offered at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Each reservation checking into Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort® will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room, per night,

Hootietootie receive email in reply to mail from 22nd Feb. Explained some of the work and that I would have a $75 per night gift card to collect on checkin. Emailed back asking for confirmation that I would receive both the compensation magic band credit AND the new $75 credit added to new bookings. Still awaiting reply

OA KCMUMMY finally got Disney to agree on the £50 even though they had offered it as my option 7 days previously!

Stormryder CM Dale - offered us a 2 bedroom villa at the SSR. And there was NO extra charge for this upgrade! Really great deal as far as I am concerned. But to make it even more magical; he told me he already transferred the 126GBP (what I paid for upgrading from CBR to SSR) back to my Credit Card. So now we are really happy!

Sunday 05/03/17

BettBoo5 - Phoned as amended invoice had been sent without the agreed discount. New amended invoices sent whilst I on the phone.

Check In Watch
Hootietootie 10/05
Archie14 17/05
OrlandoFanJr 26/05
Tigerfee 09/06
Papamouse 27/06
StarStruck 22/07
LegoLass 02/08
Solliss 16/08
Penguin19 20/08
KCMUMY 21/08
meldobe 23/09
MelStarDisney 06/10
kopstar92 09/10
QueenElsa 24/10
GranBran 28/11
disneygerbil

23/2 Standard email received detailing work to be started at CBR.

25/2 Phoned Disney again (spent 7 hours trying to get through) & spoke to Awilda. She was lovely & moved us to a Royal room at POR & told me move charges would be removed.

3/3 Still no updated invoice. Another 2 hours wait on the phone.

4/3 Updated invoice received. Phew!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 07:26 AM.
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

Could we add to it the date people are checking in to CBR so that we can keep tabs on what's being honoured at check in?
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

Called 23/02, spoke to Dale in Guest Care at about 09:10am. Only offered $75 per night room credit and accepted. Checking in to CBR 26th May.
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Called 23/02/17 @ 10.30am accepted 75 room credit. Was also offered a move. Check in cbr 9th june

Edited at 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

called 23/02/17 @ 9am - 20 minute wait - told the work was minimal and only a pool in Trinidad was being closed.

Called back 23/02/17 14:47 (1hr wait or so) - offer £50 per room, per night refund or a move to PORFQ for £476 per room (we have 4 rooms)

updated invoice x 3 received 26/02/17
called back 27/02/17 and 4th invoice received.

email sent... no response

further email sent 01/03/17 - auto response received

original email sent again 01/03/17 - reply received 03/03/17. Text below.

[/Dear *** my name removed*****,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I do apologize about getting different information from different sources. I would be happy to provide clarification in regards to the compensation being offered at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Each reservation checking into Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort® will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room, per night, which may be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com. Please know that we are committed to doing everything we can to make your stay magical.

Also great news the pool and recreational activities should not be affected with the upcoming refurbishments. The main feature pool and leisure pools will still be available. While Banana Cabana Pool Bar will be closed during this refurbishment, we will have a temporary pool bar available. Recreation activities will still be available. Upon arrival, please refer to the Recreation Calendar for current activities offered during your stay.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

*** cast member name removed ****
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
checking in 24th October 2017 for 14 nights.
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

Email received from Orlando Attractions Thursday 23rd Feb advising we had the choice of $75 prpn or a switch to another moderate resort at no extra cost.

Agreed the $75 offer.

Friday 24th February - call from OA advising the offer had now switched to £50prpn discount, would I still like this offer - agreed to it.

New invoice received today reflecting this.

Check in: Monday 9th October 2017 - 14 nights

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Called Thursday 23rd afternoon. Offered $75 per night (never offered £50 per night), received amended invoice right away with red reference number. Checking in 2nd August. Never got a name
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KCMUMMY
Excited about Disney

Feb 23rd I was offered $75 room credit - accepted via OA
Feb 24th - $75 was withdrawn and £50 off booking offered - accepted via OA
Feb 27th, 28th, March 1st & March 2nd - OA struggling to get invoice out of Disney for £50 reduction, as it should never have been offered and that $75 or a move was only option. Held firm on the £50
March 3rd - OA finally got Disney to agree on the £50 even though they had offered it as my option 7 days previously!

Check In Date 21st August 2017
KCMUMMY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Booked with Disney Directly.

Originally offered £50 discount
Received email offer of $75

I was unsure if this meant I would receive both so called for clarification

They told me it is one or the other - I accepted the £50 discount and they said there would be a note on my booking saying I would not get the gift card at check in.

Think his name was Dale?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List