Go hard but the odd rest day! 72 31.44%
In between. Long days out but rest days! 77 33.62%
We have more rest days than park days! 27 11.79%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 May 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

It makes no difference what you do in Florida.

If you have the best holiday ever and achieve maximum enjoyment you have cracked it.

All out, all in or a bit of both.

Another category

O - It makes no difference

Disney332

Edited at 10:00 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Our routine is mornings, especially EMH and then a rest afternoon. (that might be shopping). Then it's back to the parks in the evenings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
andylad
Very Serious Dibber

For us,we go all out.

andylad
andylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

Our 1st and 2nd trip we had no time for rest days. After a few trips we now look forward to a day or two to unwind around the pool or go shopping
Old 14 May 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
VICKYTORIAPLUM
Apprentice Imagineer

All out full on from dawn to very late nights - our rest days are a water park or shopping - we would never stay in our hotel and chill by the pool

All Star Movies Sept 2003
All Star Movies Sept 2006
Luxor Las Vegas Feb 2008
All Star Movies Sept 2009
Venetian Las Vegas for Wedding/Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa for Honeymoon October 2010
Disney Port Orleans Sept 2011

Vicky the Mad Cat Lady
VICKYTORIAPLUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Travelling with small children I dont really get a choice any more, I used to like long days hitting ride after ride to cram in as much as possible.

Now we take it much more easy, with a lot of days split with a long break at the pool in the middle of the day then back to the park in the evening.

As for "pure" rest days, we tend to combine them with a water park (so as the more confident swimmer I get Evie so its not quite as restful for me as it is for my wife)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

A morning shopping or at the water parks is our rest day, but will be back in a park for the evening until closing.
Old 31 May 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I love the idea of taking it easy and relaxing. But in reality if we aren't out doing something I feel like we have wasted the day. Even in a three week trip there is so much I want to see and do that I can't justify wasting a day just sitting.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Last year, we stayed in a villa for the first time, and went out early and started to flag mid afternoon, came back for a pool cool off and then out for an evening meal later. back to the villa for a few drinks and then same the next day. We went later than we usually do and it was more humid than expected, so worked around that, plus we were drained after a tough few months at home, so needed more down time.
Old 31 May 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muggles
Helping Donald

Mobile

We go to Florida for the first time ever next year. We have 21 nights and I plan to fill them with parks, water parks, shopping and shows . We are staying onsite and I hope this means we can cram as much as possible into each day. I'm planning water parks as down days. However, this time next year I'll b asking for more tips. Cannot wait.