Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Saturday 24th Sep & food report 2018 spoiler!?

Up at 7.30am today. Had a quick breakfast in the room, the usual cereal and reeses peanut butter cup cookies! We where ready and out by 8.45 as we where getting picked up at 9 to go hire a car. We got car hire through the hotel, the company they use are dollar. Process was fairly straight forward just showed licence and off we went! We just went for a compact car as we where just hiring for one day, which was a nissan. It came to approx $120 for the day, including insurance and sat nav for anyone interested. We all sat tight and got comfy for our 3 hour drive to Fort myers. We have family in fort laurderdale so we where going to meet up with them, reunion for DF and DM but first time for me, exciting!

Photo from the drive down

On route we where getting a little hungry so stopped off at a KFC. Not exactly on my restaurant list but we where hungry so it would have to do! We got x2 2 chicken little combos (comes with Wedges n a cookie) & a honey bbq chicken burger combo. It all came to approx $14, the food tasted good, not exactly gourmet or the nicest setting but it filled a hole.

On the evening we went to somewhere called finnegans in napels I think? It was an Irish restaurant, the atmosphere was great. Two of the guys working there came to our table and sang songs with a guitar which was great! Me and DM had chicken parmesan, if your from the north east of England then no it isn't what we get at home! It was a breaded chicken fillet on penne pasta with sauce and parmesan cheese on top. Might not be the chicken parm we are used to but it was delicious! DF had beef and Cabbage? Came with a variety of vegetables, doesn't sound all that appetising but he enjoyed it. No photos I'm afraid as we where spending time with family. And to be honest I was too hungry and forgot! Not 100% sure on prices but it would have been approx $15 each for our meals.

Writing this food report I have realised the plans I had completely went pear shaped! Once we where there my restaurant list slightly went out the window as the tiredness from the heat took over. Then again we are (hoping) to go back next year so have more time to plan
pocahontas84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

I've got plenty of time on my hands, for a change, so trying to add a few days while i can.

Sunday 25th Sep - Pool day & I-drive

Up at 9 today then we headed down to the pool to have a nice relaxed day. Breakfast was the usual in the room, you'll come to realise we aren't morning people so going out for breakfast is rare!

Obligatory photo of the pool

Lunch was from the onsite restaurant flaglar station. We ordered a chicken ranch wrap and chicken tenders to go so we could eat around the pool. We all had frozen lemonades which hit the spot nicely as it was a very hot day. DF wasn't all that hungry so he just shared a bit of ours. Came to approx $44 I believe and would say it's worth it! The wrap was fairly big and was loaded with chicken and the fries where amazing.

Apologies the lemonade is half gone, shows how nice it was lol

Back to the room, showered and dressed we hopped onto the I-ride. We got off at Pointe to have a look around the shops, bath and body works to be precise! To my disappointment it was no longer there they where doing a lot of construction so I quickly popped into Hollister bought a shirt and we left. Had a stroll past wonderworks and a look around Walgreens then headed to Millers for dinner. I wanted to go here last year but the noisy patio as you walk past put DM and DF off but this year was a must! (Think there was a game on last time) We got a pager as it was fairly busy so we got some drinks around the bar. 3 lemonades which came to just shy of $9. Once seated we ordered a bbq flatbread for me with onion rings on the side, a zinger flatbread with fries on the side for DF and 35 shrimp scampi for DM.

The food was defiantly one of the best we'd had on our trips to florida. The onion rings where nice and crisp, not greasy and the sauce it came with was lovely. Me and DF soon polished off our flatbreads, very tasty but DM struggled to finish hers. Saying that she still had room for dessert! Which was captain jacks buried treasure and nutter butter ice cream cake.

Now I though the nutter butter would be no.1 for me as I love peanut butter but it was a little too sickly. Captain jacks went down a treat and we all agreed it was our favourite, so did our waitress! It came to $50 including tax and tip (used a voucher for a free flatbread) which we thought was good for the amount and quality of the food. Fair to say we will be returning here, can see why it's a firm favourite among some dibbers.
pocahontas84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great food report, keep them coming!

It all looks amazing, I cant wait to try Millers
Old 10 Aug 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

So far the prices seem reasonable (IMO). I don't eat that sort of food at home but I do enjoy fries etc in Florida, so tasty and quick.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Great food report, keep them coming!

It all looks amazing, I cant wait to try Millers
Thanks for reading I'm glad we tried Millers on this trip as we really enjoyed it! The choice and value for money is great, if you sign up for their e-club online they will send you a voucher for joining and one on your birthday
Old 20 Aug 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
So far the prices seem reasonable (IMO). I don't eat that sort of food at home but I do enjoy fries etc in Florida, so tasty and quick.
Thank you for reading i agree we are not big on fast food at home either, but we dont mind treating ourselves on holiday. Plus the convenience always wins us over!
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Monday 26th Sep - storm chasing at Epcot

Today we where heading to epcot for the day. We got our hotel bus to TTC, we arrived at about 12pm. Straight to the monorail and off to epcot. We did spaceship earth first, I had a FP for this but we where 20 mins late so standby it was. We had a look around mouse gear, could have easily spend half the day in there! Some Minnie ears where bought by me as I didn't get any last year.

We then headed for our test track FP, or so we thought. It was closed due to a thunderstorm that would soon be hitting so we made the decision to walk around the countries while it was cloudy. Man what a mistake this was. We went to the farm fresh booth to get loaded Mac n cheese when the heavens opened. We quickly ran for the nearest shelter which was a Cabana for meet and greats. Thinking back I wish we had just thrown the food and gone in the shop because it ended up being a storm The wind made being stood under the Cabana pointless and need less to say we got drenched. We just had to stand and laugh because it was just so tragic, good old Florida weather!

Anyway, about 20 mins later the rain had stopped so we headed to the electric umbrella for a late lunch.

DF had the French dip Burger with decaf coffee, I had the Angus bacon cheeseburger with a hot cocoa (that's how bad the storm was!) And DM had the chicken nuggets with a water. This all came to $43 and even though it tasted good the food could have done with being warmer. Not sure if waiting a while for the food as it was busy caused this but we where hungry so we werent all that fussed.

After this we decided to have a second shot at walking around the countries. We enjoyed it a lot more than last year as it was cloudy and had cooled down a bit.(Probably to do with the massive storm we had just been caught in ) This made it more bearable as last year we defiantly suffered in the heat. Which kind of made me laugh as this time we got drenched, maybe on our next trip will be better. (3rd time lucky right )

While exploring the different countries I discovered one of these beauties, in Italy I believe.

Also, with it being food and wine festival I couldn't resist a pit stop to give these a try.

X2 chocolate Belgian waffles and one berry compote, approx $3 each? (correct me if im wrong)

After a long day at Epcot missing fastpasses, getting soaked and exploring countries we decided to call it a day. We only had one day at Epcot which didn't exactly go to plan but we enjoyed it nevertheless!

Lovely sunset on our way out. It would have been even better if the monorail was going past! We got the hotel bus back from TTC at 9 and didn't get back to the hotel until half 10, long story
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Tuesday 27th Sep - hunting for Gators

We where all up extremely bright and early this morning at 6am to head off for an Airboat ride. We had our usual breakfast in the room. As we weren't hiring a car I had booked the 1 hour ride at wild florida with transport. We got picked up from the doubletree at seaworld, Tony was our driver and he was great. Kept everyone laughing and told us about the areas we where passing through. Once we got there we had about 1 hour 30 mins to walk around the wildlife park before we went for the Airboat.

Sat and watch the gator show which was interesting, lots of different wildlife, including a snake, African frog and a baby gator. Here you get the opportunity to hold the baby gator and get your photo taken. You can only get a professional photo though as they don't allow any personal photos using photos ect. We did buy one photo which was $15. Next was the Airboat ride which, to be honest, was a little disappointing. We didn't really see much wildlife but I guess it just comes down to luck as you can't expect them to be out all the time. I would still highly recommend the place as it was a good day out.

Lunch was in the hotel restaurant again. 3 frozen lemonades, 2 ranch chicken wraps and a filled folded tortilla?(not sure what it was actually called). We sat in this time and we had a lovely waitress, can't remember her name. All came to $58.

All rather tasty, however DM did leave a lot of her filled tortilla as there was too much. Probably could have been shared

We didn't really have any plans for the evening so I suggested a trip to the premium outlets. We went to the outlets at the top of I-drive near Universal. I went into B&BW to finally stock up on my candles! The pumpkin pecan waffle one is my fav. Also popped into the nike store to purchase some trainers. We werent overly hungry after having quite a filling lunch so we had some snacks back at the hotel. I did fancy a Belgian chocolate shake from hagen daz, approx $8 but was so worth it.

They are made from ice cream so I was expecting it to be a thick consistency and difficult to drink but I was wrong! One of the best shakes I've ever had.
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

Those waffles look lovely! Hope they're there this year.
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Wow, food looks amazing. Really enjoying your food report. x